Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
Always like the Yost Tab back conture
Bought 2 of them And right off found not to be my cup of tea.
And set out to improve my Yost tab.

Well I made the first brass one. Thinking weight was my answer And found it not to be my answer.
Made a few more . In making them found the palm heal needed more radios length.
Forthe tab to feel better in my hand.

So the wedge idea came to me. So I designed and made a wedge or tapered body frame
I was pleased how it turned out. I now felt like i was now holding something. And also gain a little weight that was now comfortable to my feel

For some the way the Yost tab is made Feels great and I can under stand that. But for my Mitt I wasn't getting that feel But that's just my cup of tea. :geek: [ Later
Fruit Plant Indoor games and sports Wood Vegetable
Lip Hand Arm Leg Petal
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Insect Wood Nail Petal Flower

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello
A question for you
Wood Cuisine Plush Nail Thumb

quiet Yost member shooters.
I told you I increase the tab frame heel curve. Can you see any other changes in this tab body frame from the Yost tab body trame you shoot. [ Later

Add on [ The white top tab leaf [ Is that roofing material that I would take a truck load of. ha ha [ Laer

·
Spearhead
3,581 Posts
John, what I see between yours and Yost that hasn’t been previously mentioned is the face edge, that goes against the string isn’t beveled, also the tab material (grain) is an angled going into the tab body. I would think it’s on purpose and a smoother release.

Chad

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Unk what I see between yours and Yost that hasn’t been previously mentioned is the face edge, that goes against the string isn’t beveled, also the tab material (grain) is an angled going into the tab body. I would think it’s on purpose and a smoother release.

Chad

[IMG alt="Unk Bond"]https://www.tradtalk.com/d3/avatars/m/40/40604.jpg?1630285854[/IMG]
Unk Bond
Registered

Joined 3 mo ago
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · 2 d ago

Hello All
Always like the Yost Tab back conture
Bought 2 of them And right off found not to be my cup of tea.
And set out to improve my Yost tab.

Well I made the first brass one. Thinking weight was my answer And found it not to be my answer.
Made a few more . In making them found the palm heal needed more radios length.
Forthe tab to feel better in my hand.

So the wedge idea came to me. So I designed and made a wedge or tapered body frame
I was pleased how it turned out. I now felt like i was now holding something. And also gain a little weight that was now comfortable to my feel

For some the way the Yost tab is made Feels great and I can under stand that. But for my Mitt I wasn't getting that feel But that's just my cup of tea. :geek: [ Later

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18Show Content

Reactions:crunch and Matt flint
SaveShare
Reply Quote

[IMG alt="Richmeister"]https://www.tradtalk.com/d3/avatars/m/37/37305.jpg?1613981991[/IMG]
Richmeister
Registered

Joined Dec 14, 2019
16 Posts
#2 · 1 d ago

I'm not a fan of Yost tabs either.
I have a small and a medium, both can go to new homes soon.

SaveShare
Reply Quote
[IMG alt="Unk Bond"]https://www.tradtalk.com/d3/avatars/m/40/40604.jpg?1630285854[/IMG]
Unk Bond
Registered

Joined 3 mo ago
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · 1 d ago

Hello @Richmeister
Here in the picture you will see what I added to the tab frame heal I held steadier with this add on
[ Later

Sleeve Grey Wood Dress shirt Gadget

SaveShare
Reply Quote

Unk Bond
Registered

Joined 3 mo ago
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · 13 h ago

Hello
A question for you
Wood Cuisine Plush Nail Thumb

quiet Yost member shooters.
I told you I increase the tab frame heel curve. Can you see any other changes in this tab body frame from the Yost tab body trame you shoot. [ Later

Add on [ The white top tab leaf [ Is that roofing material that I would take a truck load of. ha ha [ Laer

SaveShare
Reply Quote
Unk, what I see between yours and Yost that hasn’t been previously mentioned is the face edge, that goes against the string isn’t beveled, also the tab material (grain) is an angled going into the tab body. I would think it’s on purpose and a smoother release.

Chad
======================
Hello Chad
Right on the money with your observation And very nicely laid out in your post
In fact Chad you brought forth one I had missed And that was the front beveled edge.

When making this frame I had a picture in my head of the angle of the bow string Being drawled to and at anchor
Thanks for your reply [ Later

·
Registered
972 Posts
I have both Yost - with the numbering and without - for barebow and 3D. It fits me well and I appreciate the fact that the top of the plate is aligned with the leather. I don't care about ounces extra as long as I feel it on my palm in same place every time - I never think about "it should stay like this", I am aware that it feels good. It is enough for me.
I dislike round tabs for example. It shows how different we are.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have both Yost - with the numbering and without - for barebow and 3D. It fits me well and I appreciate the fact that the top of the plate is aligned with the leather. I don't care about ounces extra as long as I feel it on my palm in same place every time - I never think about "it should stay like this", I am aware that it feels good. It is enough for me.
I dislike round tabs for example. It shows how different we are.
======================
Hello Draven O
Yepper we are different for sure.
Never run down what the other archer likes or uses.
Just stating and sharing a new way and what works for me. Use it or take it with a grain of salt :geek:
[ Later

·
Spearhead
3,581 Posts
I love my Yost tabs. Started with a small and did not get along at all with that tab.
large was night and day, feels like they made the tab specifically for my hand. It fits that well.

Their new brass tab I’m not a fan of but love the old brass tab.

Chad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts