Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I can't believe I can't get any takers. This is a first class form two inch reflex and one Inch deflex. Plywood capped with aluminum. Complete with a firehose for pressure. I just hate to pitch it. It make a great longbow

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
That's a very generous offer, Dick. I'm afraid the pickup thing limits the possible takers. Shipping would be a killer.

Reactions: Knoll

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bowbender, I just took the formout of my shed. The cold must ave popped te aluminum glue joint. All you ave to do is reglue and use te fire hose clamp to reattach it. Be sure you use Seran wrap to keep any glue off of the hose. I am going to include my build charts for determining weight to length and lamination charts. It will save you a lot of experimentation. It allowed me to build a bow to within 2 lbs of my target weight. We can talk about it when you pick up the form. Have you made bows before? If not I wil explain dos and don'ts.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
That shouldn't be a problem. I haven't built any bows yet, but I have a friend who has. He has an oven I can use. The charts will be a bonus! Thanks! I have a piece of ipe that will make a heavy riser.

Mark, we can figure out a way for you to get your hands on this too, I get down your way fairly often these days.

I can see a venture into bow building and wood arrows coming....:thankyou:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.