·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Spearhead
3,573 Posts
I am also J.
Only seen him on hunting shows but seems to be a down to earth genuine person.
I love his last comment
Fred Eichler : It is not about the size of the animal or it’s antlers or horns, it is about the size of the experience you have while you are outdoors.
Very true.

Chad

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Met Fred in Kalamazoo a few years ago and had a long conversation. Also sat next to him in a seminar. Sometimes I meet these hunting celebs and they turn out not to be what we appeared to be on television. Not Fred. He is the same as he is on television: down to earth, funny guy that loves to bow hunt. My favorite bow hunting celeb.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I met him a couple years ago at Compton. He was there primarily as a guest speaker, although he did have a booth setup that was often unmanned (which was good, keep reading). He didn’t just show up just long enough to do his seminar, hear people fawn over him and go back to his hotel room. He was there the whole weekend, mostly walking around and shooting the courses with is family and lots of other people. On that note, I shot a couple courses with him, Michelle, Denny Sturgis and one of Denny’s friends. Let me tell you, Fred can shoot a bow. He struck me as a genuine, humble guy who just likes to shoot, hunt and hang out with people.

·
Registered
124 Posts
That was a good read; thanks.

I like Fred.

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
Meet him a few years ahold and he is a genuine guy that has a ton of real world hunting experiences

I'm gonna try and how the the Muzzy shoot this year I heard he is shooting in it

I am waiting on the invitation.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Always liked Fred but got turned off to him when he started marketing the WWFD T-Shirts and such. Not an overtly religious nut or anything, but it left the wrong taste in my mouth. Hey, it's my prerogative as a consumer, so I don't get into the Fred thing.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Always liked Fred but got turned off to him when he started marketing the WWFD T-Shirts and such. Not an overtly religious nut or anything, but it left the wrong taste in my mouth. Hey, it's my prerogative as a consumer, so I don't get into the Fred thing.
I understand what you're saying. That whole product line is a bit much. Then again, I don't get whatever channel he's on, so I haven't seen his show in years. I also stopped buying from the company that sells his signature line of product many years ago when, among other reasons, I realized I could get a lot more for my money by shopping just about anywhere else.

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
Not sure what the WWFD tshirts have to do with religion, I just don't like them because they're cheesy crap. I won't knock a guy for cashing in on his 15 minutes though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
498 Posts
Met him at the Colorado Springs Airport on my way out of town on business, so was he - going to hunt hogs. We discussed some great bowfishing I had done locally. He called me later and we talked about getting the family out when it got good again. With the runoff looking like another high water year, I may have that chance again. Nice guy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I spoke with Fred at Compton2 years ago and found him to be a very friendly guy. The real deal. I especially enjoy the fact he is not a trophy hunter and makes no bones about it.

He receives a lot of undue critisism from the trad police because he uses a variaty of weapons. He has built a diverse audience and seems to work very hard to make a living doing what we all love. More power to him.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts