Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts

The Triple Crown is the total package, great "IFAA ready" Longbow, smooth, quiet, beautiful craftsmanship, the customer service is great from Fox Archery. I'd recommend the TC and your spec's sound good, I've always preferred the 68" longbow for a smoother draw at 28". That said, the 66" limbs probably have more zip.

@redbow, I know this thread is about Fox Archery Longbows, I apologize to the OP as this is slightly off topic, I'm curious: since the Timberpoint bows are made abroad, what is the total cost from door to door in USD?

How is the customer service and if there is a problem does the bow need to be shipped to South Africa or Estonia?

·
Arcus Nuda
2,306 Posts
I have just recently brought this one home from the IBO worlds. So far I'm impressed with it. Craftsmanship is top shelf, feel is good, no excessive noise, very comfortable to draw. It's not all that hard to look at either. I will just echo what Larry said...good stuff! I can't say the same about the 21st Edge I had made last year..problems with the bow and terrible customer service. I will NEVER and I do mean never will I ever consider another bow from 21st.

View attachment 27464

View attachment 27465

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Larry you are right that if there is a problem with a Timberpoint, the bowyer is in Estonia.
However if a Timberpoint were to fail I would personally give a full refund!

Turn around time for the Timberpoint is around 3 months!

As for the 21st Century ,,,,,,,,,,,,,I shot a 21st century for close on 10 years,,,,,,,,They are very good bows ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but the Fox TC and Timberpoint Odyssey are just better!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Cecil, I just received a Dingo XT from Stalker Stickbows, 37 lbs at 68". Gorgeous bow, very light, no hand shock with its recurve handle, and hits where it points. I shoot IBO in the STRD class with a "25 yard" max (as some would say, the "cupcake stake," but at 65 years of age, I'm proud to be a "cupcake). It is point on from 15 to 28 yards. I intend to shoot it at IBO Worlds and all next year. It is a very impressive shooting bow if you are looking for that longer long bow with a recurve handle.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I am thinking about getting one it is 38# 66" long. for the ones that have shot them. what do you think of them? do you have pics?
And Larry the thread is about "thinking" about getting a Fox I just supplied a better alternative!
You know information will make you stronger,,,,,,,lol lol .
Perhaps I was trying to pay too much heed to forum etiquette.

I appreciated Moose's input in regards to the Fox and his experience with 21st all good to know when buying a new bow. On that same point I'd like to hear what your experience is with Fox and Timberpoint, where I found your post lacking was in information. If you believe TPoint to be a better longbow would you please give your impressions, experience and any other definitive information that would help us with our next longbow purchase.

I'll ask again, how much money as in US dollars will it cost to buy a Timberpoint longbow, what is shipping, exchange rate, duty or customs taxes and any other fees to purchase a TimberPoint Longbow and ship it to the United States. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
If it's any help, I've shot a lot of Longbows and the Fox along with the Blackbrook Zeta are the best I've shot. Ultimate stability, plenty of speed, loads of forgiveness and build quality and customer service that's 2nd to none. Both the bowyers are great guys too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
982 Posts
My 21st was so poorly finished with a dished limb. After getting a good dose of Miltons hospitaliy, I gave the bow away to a young man. This was right out of the box. I wanted nothing but an immediate refund and I'll spare you the rest. It weren't pretty.
Fox is outstanding. I have a TC nearly ten years now. For a great 21st bow buy Big River.
Finely crafted bows.

Lou

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I don't mean to be that guy, but I don't believe the Dingo XT would be competition legal with that handle shape. Specifically the section on the back may not meet the definition of one continuous curve.

As for the "what bow" question. I'm having an Omega Imperial built by Kegan. I had a Fox TC in the past and I'm curious how this will stack-up. The speed he's been getting has been excellent with heavy arrows, exactly what you need for a wood arrow class.

-Grant

·
Registered
411 Posts
Grantmac, please help me find the "one continuous curve" in the IBO rules. I shoot STRD class at the combined events from the white stake. I shot the IBO Trad World in the SR class from the orange stake for the fun and practice of longer shots. I don't see "one continuous curve" in either of the rules, but I may be missing something. I was hoping to shoot the Dingo at the Trad World next year with wood or bamboo arrows so that I could continue with my practice at the white stake for the IBO combined World. If one continuous curve is a requirement, I should be able to get an opinion from IBO whether the bow is legal. If not, I will shoot it for the fun of shooting something I want to shoot rather than for "competition." Thanks in advance for your help.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts