Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Arrowchucker
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Through Facebook someone contacted a club member.
they had a large scrapbook and a box of documents and photos of the Duluth Archery club from 1936.
We are a small club north of Duluth MN. 60-100 members? Maybe?
There was photo of deer and bears shot in the 40’s, target shooting and champions from the same time.
we had a letter from Bear archery from 1944 about films. We wanted them in March but they were booked until Mid April. Signed by Fred himself. 2 big boxes. Can’t waIt togo through it all.
Arrowchucker out!

· Registered
4,744 Posts
Arrowchucker ... that's wonderful.
Can I plant a seed in your mind .... publishing nationally and internationally has never been cheaper or easier, both online and in paper form. And, there's never been a greater interest in archery history i'd buy a copy.... just a thought

Reactions: Coodster

· Registered
20 Posts
That's cool! We belong to Detroit Archers, which was founded by Pope and Young in 1924, with Fred Bear as our first club president. Unfortunately there's not a lot of documentation about those early days, only some pics and a few old award plaques. Please share what you find!

· Registered
164 Posts
That is awesome !! Very cool to have history like that. My grandmother had a scrap book of the club they belonged to in California, the San Pedro archery club. The book is interesting in that it definitely shows the break during WWII. I inherited the book with the medals that they had won over the years. It actually had a card in it that showed Horace Ford on it. They were target archers but there teaching for me was great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts