Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can take some pics, but I'd have to send them to someone's cell phone, and that sorta thing,,,...My riser is Cobalt blue, and I have to say that the machine work, and fit/finish on this riser is better than some of the Hoyt risers I've looked at recently...I'm thinking that the product Quality might be a bit better after the Winter/Spring demand goes down...???....I mounted my Tiburon limbs on it for now, planning on using my Uukha limbs on it after I get the adapters, although I'm not ruling out buying a set of limbs for it....Looks dont count for much, but I gotta say that the HPX is a better looking riser in real life than in pictures...SCOOTER...No plans at this time to sell the X-Pert...But I'll keep You 1st on the list if I do sell it...I havent shot that riser since I bought the Spig VBS from Gitn'Better, though..:)....That Spig VBS is like a big 'Ol Mercedes Benz...Heavy, stable, and very comfortable to shoot...Take Care.........Jim

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
I looked the riser up. I have never shot Hoyt I did not like. The only reason I don't one is because I did care for what's name.if you have ever posted with him you will know exactly who I am referencing

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gary.....I wound the limb bolts to full pre-load, and backed the top off to get even Tiller...Same basic initial set-up that I normally do..Three initial observations...#1....All the pre-load makes stringing this bow tough!...#2...This bow is "Punchy" at the shot, which I like, but is LOUD, which I dont like, but can live with for the most part....My Formula RX was very quiet in comparison....I'll have to wind the limb bolts out some, play with Tiller maybe, and see what's what...#3....I mounted a 4" old-school stubby stabilizer in the stab. bushing, and this is all that's needed to get the bow to sit up straight in hand, and have a neutral balance, almost no backward movement at the shot.The high wrist grip seems to contribute to this some...I ordered the black plastic ERGO grip, Hoyt sent the bow with the high wrist laminated wooden grip, and a note that they will send the plastic grip ASAP...Not sure which grip I'll shoot, the wooden grip is very nice, but pretty high wrist for me...I'm a low wrist/no grip kinda guy....Thanks for Your advice, and Congrats to You and Sandy on the outstanding shooting!....Take care!.......Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts