Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to work on standing very up-right, and getting full expansion, that sort of thing...My shooting has also went to crap, having a difficult time getting a sight picture that works for me, and noticed that the string was occasionally dragging against my face and mustache...Release went to pot, as well as my bow arm...Soo...Last night I had my buddy film me from behind, and facing me, and it seems that I have been messing up...I adjusted my clicker a little at a time, until my draw arm elbow was behind the arrow, and alignment was good with my bow shoulder and elbow in good location...Set up became better, sight picture more clear, and pulling through the clicker after anchor, aiming, and expansion was smooth, with a nice rearward movement of my release side arm and hand.....Turns out, I was maybe shooting too much from the bow arm, and not enough from the drawing side back muscles, kinda like too much push, not enough pull...???..If that makes any sense??...Filming yourself shooting can tells ya lots of things about Your shooting form, and you see things that You cant "Feel" when shooting your bow...Hope this helps anyone else out......Take care....Jim

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Videoing oneself can (and generally is) a great way to convince the "Doubting Thomas" in oneself, visually, that improvement is needed… It's also a good archive for comparison.

Tom

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Many times I've shot either blind bale or targets and everything feels correct with my form only to see on video it looks horrible :crymeariv

Always better to have a experienced eye checking your Form on a regular basis and video camera is a good second alternative if you have some shooting experience. I have a slow motion feature on my camera this can be very telling on Form errors.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
I do this also. Here is the deal. I may not be able to get into the best form now days but you still have to do the same thing every time. Tape dots in the floor for you feet. A dot for tripod center.

It helps a lot

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
I ran some video yesterday, all felt good but looking at the video, my anchor was terrible. No solid point on my face at all. Don't know when that happened and never felt anything change so would never have known without video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
I ran some video yesterday, all felt good but looking at the video, my anchor was terrible. No solid point on my face at all. Don't know when that happened and never felt anything change so would never have known without video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I found exactly the same thing. Also found different angle in my elbow.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,516 Posts
I take periodic videos of my form. I have my entire relearning process chronicled, going back about four years. I can look back over time and see how I have changed. I can also use the videos to identify problems that may have crept into my shooting. I find that stuff that I did not understand at the time, I understand when I look back at it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts