Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I used a spent 45 ACP shell. Held it with multi tool and heated the mouth. I used it to melt a hole thru both ends of the folded straps.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Now that we got the gourmet in, we are working on the other end. We need to sew a seam 1&1/2" down, across the straps to make a loop to run the gourmet strap end thru. This makes the two loops. One goes below the elbow, the other above the elbow.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Total time was < 30 minutes.

For larger arms you may need more than 34" strap. For longer arms you may need more tha 36" of paracord

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
I used a strap off something I had laying around, had a buckle which allowed me to make a loop without having to sew. It would take me longer to go find it, then it took me to make it.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did not think of that. the actual product is much nicer and afjustsble to fit all
this one is a specfic for an archer by the length of the strap and cord

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Thanks for the how-to Rusty. I'll have to make one of these up sometime...

On a side note your neighbor has a unique opinion of what constitutes a yard ornament lol

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the how-to Rusty. I'll have to make one of these up sometime...

On a side note your neighbor has a unique opinion of what constitutes a yard ornament lol
Yes she is manager of a garden center :)
any pot is a planter. after ten years dating her she married me 18 months ago :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thank you Mr Rusty Craine. I was tossing up between buying one or making one for myself, I think I will have a go now.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I keep revisiting the Formmaster. People have derived real benefit from it. But how many here have used it and had to ditch because the rope seriously snaps against their face? I run into a few other people that have the same problem with it. Seems like a good way to train your self to have a truly outstanding flinch.

I shoot 3 under, either index or middle finger to corner of mouth, thumb folded down and "hooked" behind jaw line.

Is there some way to mitigate this? Or is it simply an unavoidable result of my anchor position?

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Most of the time i use mine with out an arrow. you get exercise. you get to think about snd feel your anchor, shoulder movement, in short micro mansage yor form

1 - 20 of 33 Posts