Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edouard Manet is widely considered the father of modern Impressionism. I can remember as an impressionable (forgive the pun) 16 year old being blown away by the beauty and simplicity of his paintings, so now, I hope to relight my passion for Manet with a new exhibition at the Royal Academy .... looking forward to it.

What do you think? ... you can see more at

http://www.royalacademy.org.uk/exhibitions/manet/

Reactions: aroadik

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Phil , we had much of his work here over the years , in 2004/05 we were lucky enough to have an Impressionist exhibition here in Melb, centered round "The Balcony" ... one of my mates was instrumental in its shipping here and back ...

It was much ado about nothing for me , until I stood directly in front of it .

Wonderful

·
Registered
93 Posts
Saw some of his work in Amsterdam, I wish they would let people camp out in galleries! Would be really cool to wake up and be blown away from the moment you open your eyes ��

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks raisins ... never heard of information theory before .... very interesting reading

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was much ado about nothing for me , until I stood directly in front of it .
Ben ... I think that's the key statemant right there. Art of any type takes on a different persona when your in front of it and seeing the actual object face to face.

Reactions: Bowcephalus

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
Thanks raisins ... never heard of information theory before .... very interesting reading
Good. Hopefully you got to the 3rd page, that's when it becomes most related to art. I had a little text on info. theory before that spent the last chapter postulating how information theory influences tastes in visual and auditory art. It's mostly untestable speculation but interesting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts