Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to bass pro yesterday in mass and bought a doz gold tip velocity 400s and a jig with some 5in parabolic style feathers and fletched them up today pretty fun I will deffently be doing all of my own now.. I was a little skeptical at first about the 400s being to stiff because my 500s where just a tad weak. But they are a tad stiff and fly reall good out of my dorado

·
Premium Member
12,112 Posts
we'll need to see pics of those arrows.....we gots to do inspections on this stuff.
Congrats, I am just a bit behind you, I might do my first ones this week.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Good for you hoythunter, kinda fun isn't it? I lucked into a hodge-podge box of archery gear that included a Bitzenberger jig and a small roll of Bohning fletching tape. I found a Lil Chopper feather cutter online and never looked back......

·
Barbarian Tyrant
971 Posts
Good for you hoythunter3d. It's one of those relaxing chores that I like to do. I've been fletching my arrows since the 80's but have never made a string. That's next for me.

I do left wing but wish I'd gone with a right wing clamp just to keep my tips from unscrewing. Pics Buddy, pics.:)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Welcome to an addiction that can only be helped by making more and more arrows. I started the same way only I got a "kit" from Kittridge Bowhut back in 1972. Now I have 4 fletching jigs, three crestors, paints ,brushes, etc.
Archery is my sport and my hobby and one of my best ways to relax.
Oh yes, pics are a must

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
What jig did you end up with?

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Hope you put a little dab of glue fore and aft. Really helps secure down the feather. Hope you got a Bitz.

Bowmania

1 - 9 of 9 Posts