Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scoured all sorts of threads, you tube etc, but I can't find anything on whether this is a good thing for the bow. I watched "The Push" and the guy says that it's fine as long as the limbs are laminated?
Not sure this isn't a stupid question but any opinions much appreciated.
I think I'm ordering this one.....

·
Registered
242 Posts
It will work. I've used fixed crawl on every bow that I've owned in the last 3 yrs. Hell, I've got a buddy that tillers his self bows for a fixed crawl. You'll probably have to bump your nock point a lot higher than you are thinking and the bow will make a little more noise but it will work fine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies! Helped me out a lot as I just wasn't sure about it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's all about the tiller. Give it a try with that bow, but given the length (60") and tiller (likely around 1/8" positive) you aren't going to get very good arrow flight with a fixed crawl. You can improve it as a previous poster mentioned by using an elevated stick-on rest like a Bear Weatherrest. Good luck.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It's all about the tiller. Give it a try with that bow, but given the length (60") and tiller (likely around 1/8" positive) you aren't going to get very good arrow flight with a fixed crawl. You can improve it as a previous poster mentioned by using an elevated stick-on rest like a Bear Weatherrest. Good luck.
I used a Bear Weather rest on my Samick Sage when I had it, and man that rest and bow shot great string walking or using a fixed crawl. I sold it a long time ago and have moved on to ILF rigs, but that bow shot just about as good as any bow I have owned. The flexibility of that rubber rest really seemed to help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts