Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our club no longer is a member of our SANIFAA (your IFAA). We now belong to SANAA (World Archery)

As a result we now shoot the colored targets, these seem a lot harder for me than the blue face. The lighting in our club is not the best so maybe that is why, what with my aging eye sight!

I have some heavier 400 arrows I am now setting up now and have my gap at one arrow diameter below the black ring which has helped.

With my 35/55s I was one full blue face below the target which worked well for me.

One the bright side my scores have improved, I am now shooting in the 400s as opposed to 200s ;)

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
The FITA target is both harder to focus on and harder to score. It was actually designed that way on purpose.

I find that I'm at least 15 points down on it.

-Grant

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was the explanation I got from the club as to why they no longer shoot IFAA targets.

"The 5 scoring size is too large and the results are always determined by Xs." Now not to knock the archers there of which I am the only recurve and longbow shooter, but the highest compound score I have seen shot there is 287 on the blue face.

I reiterate I am not judging these guys or doing the compound bashing thing, just saying. Our S.A. record for the Bowhunter Recurve is 243.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
A middle of the road compound score on the blueface is 300 30x. That is basically achievable after a year or so.

Technically on the FITA face a compound only gets a 10 if they hit the X. That makes it a really tough target and shooting over 290 takes some skills.

-Grant

·
Registered
267 Posts
Here in Germany the IFAA-related association DFBV is currently thinking of introducing a 6-value of the former X, similar to the field faces of the WA.
Same reason. The compounders mostly shoot perfect scores due to that huge 5.
As I am more used to the FITA face with 10 score rings, I must admit that the huge 5 on the IFAA face as the most inner counting area is way too big, at least for Compound Unlimited.
The IFAA '5' has a diameter of 8 cm whereas the 'normal' '10' of the FITA face has only 4 cm and in indoor competitions only the X counts as '10' for compound bows, which is 2 cm.

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,512 Posts
Can you now stringwalk and put the tip on the yellow?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.