Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned this Custom 64"/37# Bushmen R/D Hybrid Longbow for about 2 1/2 years now and always fought the tinny sound it made at-the-shot....almost as though the shafts were clashing the riser (but they weren't) and sounded like a 3 iron striking a golf ball...others who've owned similar Bushmen longbows claimed the sweet spot regarding Brace Height typically ranged between 7-7 1/2"s...so that's the range I guess I sort of locked myself into...until out of desperation and curiosity?...I looked up and researched the word "Fistmele" as it relates to longbows...and the results were an astoundingly quiet longbow...by reducing the Brace Height by a full inch...

and man what a difference...as it now spits'em out as quiet (if not quieter) than any longbow I've owned before and in doing so?...I discovered a new found level of love for my Bushmen American Native! :)

Thanks for looking and L8R, Bill. :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
That's a pretty bow Jinkster.

Calvin - Milton must build your bow different than mine. If I took the brace down to 6 1/2" my Edge would turn into a recurve! Maybe I need to ask for the Smock Special next time lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts