Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Beginner in traditional
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like most here may know, I'm a convert from the compound world and still love shooting my compound, but shot my first round with my longbow this past Saturday. I impressed myself!! Our range is always 20 3d targets plus a bonus if you choose to pay for it. Giving a possible 220 if you hit all 12's and 200 for all 10's.

First I shot my compound and scored an impressive 185 (good for me anyway). Then I went back through with my longbow and shot a 140. I was just happy that I didn't miss any of them, ha! Anyway, there were only 4 or 5 entries in the trad class and one guy didn't even turn in his score card. I came out with a win!! I am so happy and stoked to shoot the next one!!! View attachment 25009

Anyway, just wanted to share! Thanks for all the help guys!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
In doing your best, you're a proven winner, every time. Congrats and welcome home to traditional archery.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Congrats! I just purchased my first long bow - and will be in your shoes - I hope to do as well!

Alan

·
Premium Member
12,110 Posts
nice goin' LUGNUT

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Way to go! The hook is set now ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thanks guys, and yes I am hooked big time! Can't wait to shoot again.
Great job! There are several upcoming all trad shoots in our area you should consider. Go to Southerntraditionalarchery.com. We've got a shoot in Learned Ms at the end of the month that's always a lot of fun and a couple at Enid Lake in May and June that you should try to make and you should definitely try to make the Howard Hill Southeastern Classic at Tannehill state park near Birmingham in June. 500+ shooters, all traditional. I'm in Pearl so I'm not too far from you. Pm me if you've got a questions. Kevin

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
Awesome.....always good to show up and just shoot...no matter what....."didn't turn in a score card"...hmmm how else do you get better...we all have bad days, but that's just bad sportsmanship in my books.....

Maybe he needed somebody to give him a beer and some encouragement...YOUR NEW ROLE now that you have won

Good on you...Jer

1 - 16 of 16 Posts