Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! That one has caught my attention! Just curious what else is out there if I missed anything and others opinions too.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I’m about to post my Samick Discovery for sale tonight. Just got it. It’s a sweet bow! I just want a WF19 or a DAS bow now. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
For the price you can’t beat it. The Satori is awesome as well but about $200 more. I couldn’t find anything around the $250 mark that was quality like the Discovery.

·
Premium Member
12,829 Posts
I know a guy in IL. on here that is fussy & he's had a lot of bows.....he really liked his DISCOVERY riser, so that's a good recommendation right there.

Reactions: Mschmeiske

·
Registered
972 Posts
I like the 19" riser proportion - sight window, weight - and the 64" AMO with long limbs. It's just personal preference all over the place. Even the takedown I have (not ILF) is a 19" riser and longs.
PS I consider the 19" as the perfect aesthetically balanced size (limb pocket to riser length ratio) - 17" is a 19" compressed and 21" is a 19" stretched

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just got this EXE Scream 21” riser from Lancaster Archery. They offer it in 17”, 19” and 21” lengths. I paired it with the Long Galaxy Bronze star limbs. The risers range in price from 199.99 , 219.99 and 229.99 respectively.

This is my first ever group with a recurve.

·
Registered
474 Posts
A Discovery riser from Alternative Archery is hard to beat. I have read that it is a better quality machined aluminum than many and heard some aluminum risers are cast aluminum. I liked it so much I bought a second one for a dedicated hunting bow.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Better balance in hand or more stable with added weight?
Both. The bow tilts back by itself. The extra weight in the bottom helps it level out a lot. I added them to mine as well. You can also add more weight to the stabilizer hole if you want. Which i probably would. The bow is the only one machined and not cast in that price point.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Both. The bow tilts back by itself. The extra weight in the bottom helps it level out a lot. I added them to mine as well. You can also add more weight to the stabilizer hole if you want. Which i probably would. The bow is the only one machined and not cast in that price point.

Did you just put one in the bottom of the riser to keep it from tilting back?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I like the 19" riser proportion - sight window, weight - and the 64" AMO with long limbs. It's just personal preference all over the place. Even the takedown I have (not ILF) is a 19" riser and longs.
PS I consider the 19" as the perfect
aesthetically balanced size (limb pocket to riser length ratio) - 17" is a 19" compressed and 21" is a 19" stretched
Interesting. I’ve owned 17” and 21”. 17” is too short for me. I like the 21” length generally. I don’t think I’ve ever had a 19”. Got me thinking now Draven. :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts