Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day, I have finished my Hoyt Spectra project (see attachment) and I am currently looking for plates to finish a Jennings Black Lightening (I believe Bear Black Bear are the same plates). I had some ordered on eBay, but did not receive them and they are no longer listed. If you have any leads where to find some plates, and ILF bolt kits, I would greatly appreciate it. Have a great day!

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
NICE I dig the color I got nothin' on plates someone will come on to help

·
Registered
282 Posts
That is a very nice looking Spectra. If that's the original paint I would guess that it has almost never been used!

You can get the string guide bushing out with vice grips, and a lot of twisting to break the glue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I stripped the original paint and had a relative assist with painting it at his body shop.

·
wannabe
2,160 Posts
A good looking bow. Well done.

Spectra/Rambo makes a really nice warf for longer draw guys due to the low preload. And the grip is one of the best.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm glad to hear that you successfully converted a Spectra Lite. I just picked up a junker on ebay. Were you able to find ILF plates for it? As noted, they're scare if not unavailable based on the half hour of googling that I did. And, it appears that unfortunately the stalwart warfing go to fellas are not converting risers currently.

BTW, I joined the forum in 2005 but have not been active here in a long while. I am sorry to hear that Bob Gordon is unable to warf. I bought a warf and had one made by Bob. Regrettably I've since traded them both.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
I'M CURRENTLY WORKING ON a thought to making a hard plastic plate for the Jennings riser, put in a DAS-like bushing instead of ILF fitting, drill plate for snug fit for bushing, and shoot it as a bolt down......might put a spacer beneath limb at limb bolt. Bushing is just kind of a locator in a hole, like a PIN. Run ILF limbs with DAS-like bushing instead of ILF fitting. I have not done this yet but working on lying it all out in my heaad. I have the plate material, tht's a START. Might start on it MONDAY.
RAMBO type of riser, with the small 3/8" circle.....it's pretty easy to lengthen the ILF limb butt U-slot enough to let the ILF hole to coincide with that little riser circle......then use a DAS-type bushing in limb there......sometimes need to shorten the bushing a little to llow limb down a bit at rocker where bushing sits. I've done some of these. Limbs can be returned to normal ILF use by changing bushings out & installing ILF fittings again. The longer U slot is ok on normal ILF risers. This RAMBO process works on a Rambo or Spectr riser. I am not familiar with the Spectra LITE version. is it same?

Reactions: danosage

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'M CURRENTLY WORKING ON a thought to making a hard plastic plate for the Jennings riser, put in a DAS-like bushing instead of ILF fitting, drill plate for snug fit for bushing, and shoot it as a bolt down......might put a spacer beneath limb at limb bolt. Bushing is just kind of a locator in a hole, like a PIN. Run ILF limbs with DAS-like bushing instead of ILF fitting. I have not done this yet but working on lying it all out in my heaad. I have the plate material, tht's a START. Might start on it MONDAY.
RAMBO type of riser, with the small 3/8" circle.....it's pretty easy to lengthen the ILF limb butt U-slot enough to let the ILF hole to coincide with that little riser circle......then use a DAS-type bushing in limb there......sometimes need to shorten the bushing a little to llow limb down a bit at rocker where bushing sits. I've done some of these. Limbs can be returned to normal ILF use by changing bushings out & installing ILF fittings again. The longer U slot is ok on normal ILF risers. This RAMBO process works on a Rambo or Spectr riser. I am not familiar with the Spectra LITE version. is it same?
Thanks, Steve. I have both a Rambo type riser which has a solid limb pocket, and a Spectra Lite, which appears to be the same shape as the Rambo type, except the limb pocket contains a grid instead of being solid. Presumably this is the reason for adding "Lite" to the name.

Your idea is innovative. I look forward to seeing your work on it. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
this is pocket I refer to as a Rambo style of pocket. Not sure what a Spectra LITE pocket looks like. Got any pictures of it?
My take on the ILF "cheat" for the Jennings or Black bear, and the Rambo too, using ILF limbs, is that I am not machinist enough (by far) to do the odd-to-me inverted 45-degree. ILF cut

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
this is pocket I refer to as a Rambo style of pocket. Not sure what a Spectra LITE pocket looks like.± Got any pictures of it?
My take on the ILF "cheat" for the Jennings or Black bear, and the Rambo too, using ILF limbs, is that I am not machinist enough (by far) to do the odd-to-me inverted 45-degree. ILF cut
You bet! PXL_20210320_234833219.jpg Here is the Spectra Lite limb pocket.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
thanks for the LITE picture.

Reactions: danosage
1 - 11 of 11 Posts