Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the youngest one out to shoot. I got her an Angel bow and the first day out about 2 years ago, a feather on the arrow cut her hand. She would not shoot because she didn't want to get cut.

The Angel bow was too small so I moved her to a blue poly riser with an elevated rest. No cuts here. She wouldn't believe me.

I got some pink fiberglass arrows to lure her out last weekend, but I think it was my friend's son Luke comin over to shoot that was the deciding factor. The Fiberglass arrows were way too heavy. But she had fun and was mad when we decided it was time to go make dinner.

For today, I found some Thunderstorm arrows that were much lighter. Til I took out the camera, she was flinging them quite well. Landing around the bale about 15-20 yds away across the creek bed.

The oldest daughter shot too for a while, but she doesn't like a tab or a glove and her fingers started to hurt. Then she tells me she really liked going to the archery range to shoot when we were younger. Everytime I ask to go to the range is met with no, not right now....

The video is taking forever to load,

Will link to it in the morning

dave

·
Barbarian Tyrant
971 Posts
Good thinking with the pink arrows! and your probably right about her wanting to shoot with a boy close to her age vs dear old Dad.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Yes its great to see them take interest in a hobby/sport that we as parents enjoy. My daughter shoots a longbow now and again, she is 8. She pointed out a barnet compound at Meijer as her next bow, it has a pink grip on it. I told her we might look at a genesis for her, as its also pink and a bit better bow. When I started my kids off, I bought the wood arrows from 3 rivers, they come in yellow or pink. My son is 10 and shoots a wheelie bow, but only when I beg him. I took JP's advice and bet him a dollar he couldnt hit this little nerf disc last night in the basement. I told him he had to use his longbow and after his first shot didnt go into the target, I felt it was best to abandon that bow in fear of his mother finding more holes in the drywall. lol He was struggling with the compound, so I put up a roll of duct tape and offered .25 an arrow he could put inside the center of it. He got a couple in there, and while his shooting was not great, it was great to see him shooting.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Great video, thanks for sharing it. What is the make/model of that bow?

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is a internature warrior according to the limbs. I got it from Gary's archery on ebay for my son about 7 years ago. It was like $50 shipped at the time. I would guess the Cartel Polyamide risers are similar. I would like to find something like 10 lb limbs rather than the 15 that are on it for the little one

dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've just come back from a field shoot with my 8 year old! She enjoyed herself and came back with a medal (more for surviving the course than her score). It will be fantastic when I can bring out my youngest as well but 4 is a little young for a full day shoot! In the club I'm a member of a lot of the adults take up archery because the kids are doing it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts