Trad Talk Forums banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

Registered
when you go to the uukha calculator when you use different riser, they say the imprecise is about +/- 1# for the target sx limbs, and +/-2# for the nature limbs like gobi
at the end of this page link you can find the calculator you just have to put your set up

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
when you go to the uukha calculator when you use different riser, they say the imprecise is about +/- 1# for the target sx limbs, and +/-2# for the nature limbs like gobi
at the end of this page link you can find the calculator you just have to put your set up
What I seen listed under poundage choice on their sight where they said post poundage will be reached at the median setting of tiller bolts. I think it may have something to do with limb pad angle differences on different risers. Just something people need to be aware of. It also said poundage is only an estimation due to different risers.

Registered
What I seen listed under poundage choice on their sight where they said post poundage will be reached at the median setting of tiller bolts. I think it may have something to do with limb pad angle differences on different risers. Just something people need to be aware of. It also said poundage is only an estimation due to different risers.
of course it can just be an evaluation, they are not gods who can plan and know every things, after their estimation they inform you have to add +/-1 or +/-2#
so you had an estimation it's imprecise by definition and you add the impr茅cise they knew because it's talking about the native imprecision of their limbs.
fiction exemple:
riser 17" 40# sx limbs (25" reference riser), with max poundage on your ilf screws, give you +/-8 pounds more and you add +/-1 # (sx coeff)
it will make you a expect poundage between 7#> x < 9 #

Registered
so why buying ukkha limbs if you can have a much precise poundage 茅valuations with others brands and much better coat?
but i'm asking me the questions how the other limbs's brand integrate the pocket or riser angles and things like that to be sure they got the poundage true each time? magic equation may be.
we have all ready talk about the universal imprecision in taking some measures
how many time you have to use a bow scale to have the same measures are you sure your draw length is always the same, are you sure about your exactly anchor point, body position ?
it's impossible and the people who tell the contrary are lying.
uukha is honnest and say it's a estimation because he can't be sure of the truth even with his limbs with his proper riser.
that's why we got some technics to find the good set up arrows/bow/archer by using physics rules which work without knowing the real poundage of a bow

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
so why buying ukkha limbs if you can have a much precise poundage 茅valuations with others brands and much better coat?
but i'm asking me the questions how the other limbs's brand integrate the pocket or riser angles and things like that to be sure they got the poundage true each time? magic equation may be.
we have all ready talk about the universal imprecision in taking some measures
how many time you have to use a bow scale to have the same measures are you sure your draw length is always the same, are you sure about your exactly anchor point, body position ?
it's impossible and the people who tell the contrary are lying.
uukha is honnest and say it's a estimation because he can't be sure of the truth even with his limbs with his proper riser.
that's why we got some technics to find the good set up arrows/bow/archer by using physics rules which work without knowing the real poundage of a bow
Why did I choose Uukha, the draw cycle, period.
It鈥檚 not a big deal, I was just posting an observation and experience.

Premium Member
when you go to the uukha calculator when you use different riser, they say the imprecise is about +/- 1# for the target sx limbs, and +/-2# for the nature limbs like gobi...

Actually, it says +/- 2.5# for the Nature series limbs.

Registered
Why did I choose Uukha, the draw cycle, period.
It鈥檚 not a big deal, I was just posting an observation and experience.
[/QUOTE]
i apologize to be a little rude, " je te prie de m'excuser Tracker "

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Actually, it says +/- 2.5# for the Nature series limbs.
What I read is that is with limb bolt at medium position which I assume is two turns out.
On three calibrated scales they max out at 38# ( the first scale was off two# ) with the limb bolts all of the way down. At medium limb bolt position (2 turns out) its 36#. With being on the low end of hunting poundage a couple of pounds is more of an issue than if I was at 45# or 50#, I wouldn鈥檛 even worry about it then.
I really like the limbs and how they draw, they get good speeds so I will hunt with them. Being a special order item they can not be returned so I will just keep them.

Premium Member
you are totally right , excuse me for the mistake
Not a big deal. I just thought folks should know they sell the Nature series limbs at +/- 2.5#'s because I bought a set of short limbs for hunting and they were indeed 2.5#'s light on my 19" riser. It didn't make any difference because I'm using them on a Gillo GT riser so I could easily make up the weight.

Font Screenshot Rectangle Software Multimedia

Reactions: twix

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Not a big deal. I just thought folks should know they sell the Nature series limbs at +/- 2.5#'s because I bought a set of short limbs for hunting and they were indeed 2.5#'s light on my 19" riser. It didn't make any difference because I'm using them on a Gillo GT riser so I could easily make up the weight.

View attachment 39704
With that said, if I would post them in the classifieds would I post the actual weight or the weight on the limbs?

Premium Member
With that said, if I would post them in the classifieds would I post the actual weight or the weight on the limbs?
As an example, I'd probably do something like this:

Gobi limbs marked 50#'s at mid-range on a 19" riser, but my scales say they're 47.5#'s at mid-range.

Reactions: bendystickman

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
As an example, I'd probably do something like this:

Gobi limbs marked 50#'s at mid-range on a 19" riser, but my scales say they're 47.5#'s at mid-range.
So in my case I would say Gobi limbs are marked 40# at mid range but the scales say 36# at mid range, 38# with limb bolts maxed? I think that would be an honest representation for my limbs.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Tracker, yeah, I think that would be perfectly adequate disclosure. Have you made double sure that your measurements are at 28" AMO?
Yes, and had others go over everything with me including scales.
Being that the poundage was critical for me I went over any information I could find. Even the 2.5# would have been ok at mid limb bolt settings, that would have gave me 40# at maximum limb bolt setting. I contacted Alternative but got no response. I then emailed Uukha which got back to me quickly and said if my information is correct that there is a problem and to contact Alternative. I have read that Alternative policy states there is no returns on non stock special order items and I understand that and have no issues with that policy.
I guess that鈥檚 a risk I assumed getting a discount price ordering from Alternative. I have ordered many things from Alternative including limbs and risers for good prices with no problems.

Registered
After waiting five weeks I finally got my 40# long Uukha Gobi limbs for my 19鈥 Satori , I have to say I am impressed. The limbs are lightweight and fast, the limbs are extremely quiet also. These are the perfect hunting limbs for me. The limbs are so quiet at the shot I have less concern about spooking the deer.
They also have a very smooth draw and it feels like there is much less pressure on my fingers at full draw, great for my arthritic fingers. These are replacing the same spec Tradtech wood glass limbs.
I couldn鈥檛 be happier with these limbs, they check all of the boxes I needed for hunting limbs.
Next I鈥檒l be doing some tuning, put a set of LimbSavers on the limbs, and a little Velcro on the limb tips.
They are so easy to draw I could have bought 45# limbs.
Glad to hear your happy with your Gobi's, I ordered a set of 40# Mediums for my 17" Discovery a while back from Alternative, hopefully I see them before the snow starts flying.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts