Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After waiting five weeks I finally got my 40# long Uukha Gobi limbs for my 19” Satori , I have to say I am impressed. The limbs are lightweight and fast, the limbs are extremely quiet also. These are the perfect hunting limbs for me. The limbs are so quiet at the shot I have less concern about spooking the deer.
They also have a very smooth draw and it feels like there is much less pressure on my fingers at full draw, great for my arthritic fingers. These are replacing the same spec Tradtech wood glass limbs.
I couldn’t be happier with these limbs, they check all of the boxes I needed for hunting limbs.
Next I’ll be doing some tuning, put a set of LimbSavers on the limbs, and a little Velcro on the limb tips.
They are so easy to draw I could have bought 45# limbs.

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven’t really looked at them that close or that much but the finish seems nice. As far as swapping them for 45# limbs I would have to shoot these a bit, but if I didn’t have issues with my fingers I would. There was a time about a year ago when my fingers got so bad from shooting every day I thought I was done with finger shooting. I didn’t want to take that risk, that’s why I ordered the 40# limbs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the feedback and review. The Gobi are the same limbs I am considering. 40 lbs medium for my 17 inch Satori. I am glad to hear you reporting them as quiet. The Tradtechs I have currently are a bit noisy and it drives me nuts.

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback and review. The Gobi are the same limbs I am considering. 40 lbs medium for my 17 inch Satori. I am glad to hear you reporting them as quiet. The Tradtechs I have currently are a bit noisy and it drives me nuts.
Night and day difference.

·
Registered
140 Posts
One of the things that's drawn me to Gobis is that thetradlab.com found Uukhas to be the quietest recurve limbs they've tested. They have not done the Gobi, or any S-Curve series for that matter. But both the X-Curve limb they tested (VX+) and Curve series (Ex1 Evo2) were very quiet - as quiet as the one-piece recurves they've tested. Reports definitely indicate that Gobis are falling in line with those previous results.

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One of the things that's drawn me to Gobis is that thetradlab.com found Uukhas to be the quietest recurve limbs they've tested. They have not done the Gobi, or any S-Curve series for that matter. But both the X-Curve limb they tested (VX+) and Curve series (Ex1 Evo2) were very quiet - as quiet as the one-piece recurves they've tested. Reports definitely indicate that Gobis are falling in line with those previous results.
That was my biggest concern about hunting with slow traditional equipment, noise at the shot. With all of the other limbs I had I tried to quiet them down but not happy with the results. The Gobi limbs right out of the box are very quiet, I mean the bow is about as quiet as a recurve can be, especially a metal ILF bow.
It will probably get better with LimbSavers and a tune.

·
Registered
357 Posts
What length riser are these rated on and how would I attain 40-42 on a 21" Satori riser?
I would get the SX50 limbs in 38 pounds, you can even get them with no graphics. The SX50's are rated on a 25 inch riser and the same limbs as the Gobi. I had the SX50 limbs in extra long in 34 pounds on my 19 inch riser, but I could only get them to gain 4 pounds, so I sold them and have ordered some Gobi longs in 40 pounds.

So, in theory, they should gain 4 pounds on your 21 inch riser and get you the weight you want with the limbs bolt adjustment.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I would get the SX50 limbs in 38 pounds, you can even get them with no graphics. The SX50's are rated on a 25 inch riser and the same limbs as the Gobi. I had the SX50 limbs in extra long in 34 pounds on my 19 inch riser, but I could only get them to gain 4 pounds, so I sold them and have ordered some Gobi longs in 40 pounds.

So, in theory, they should gain 4 pounds on your 21 inch riser and get you the weight you want with the limbs bolt adjustment.
(y)

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What length riser are these rated on and how would I attain 40-42 on a 21" Satori riser?
They say 19” for the Gobi limbs on the Alterative website but I just get 40# with my Satori limb bolts down all of the way. I assume there is a bit of a difference in limb pad angles with different 19” risers. I’m also not sure if there is a brace height spec for these limbs, I just set min at 8” for now.
I was a bit disappointed in that I thought I would have a few pound leeway to play with, but as it is I’m happy with them.

·
Registered
140 Posts
They say 19” for the Gobi limbs on the Alterative website but I just get 40# with my Satori limb bolts down all of the way. I assume there is a bit of a difference in limb pad angles with different 19” risers. I’m also not sure if there is a brace height spec for these limbs, I just set min at 8” for now.
I was a bit disappointed in that I thought I would have a few pound leeway to play with, but as it is I’m happy with them.
Ah, that's good to know. I was thinking they would be 42# @ 28 on a 19" Satori, bolts all the way in.

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just
After waiting five weeks I finally got my 40# long Uukha Gobi limbs for my 19” Satori , I have to say I am impressed. The limbs are lightweight and fast, the limbs are extremely quiet also. These are the perfect hunting limbs for me. The limbs are so quiet at the shot I have less concern about spooking the deer.
They also have a very smooth draw and it feels like there is much less pressure on my fingers at full draw, great for my arthritic fingers. These are replacing the same spec Tradtech wood glass limbs.
I couldn’t be happier with these limbs, they check all of the boxes I needed for hunting limbs.
Next I’ll be doing some tuning, put a set of LimbSavers on the limbs, and a little Velcro on the limb tips.
They are so easy to draw I could have bought 45# limbs.
Before adding LimbSavers I went to the Uukha site and was surprised to see they don’t recommend limb dampers.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I just

Before adding LimbSavers I went to the Uukha site and was surprised to see they don’t recommend limb dampers.

Tracker -

I believe LimbSavers are purpose designed for laminated limbs to prevent delamination . . .

Uukha limbs are monolithic not laminated therefore LimbSavers are not required.

regards,

John

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tracker -

I believe LimbSavers are purpose designed for laminated limbs to prevent delamination . . .

Uukha limbs are monolithic not laminated therefore LimbSavers are not required.

regards,

John
You are correct, that’s where the name LimbSavers came from, but over the years many have used them for years as vibration dampeners to quiet down bows and they work fantastic at doing that. I have always used them on my compounds and crossbows and they would cut both vibration and noise significantly.
I use the recurve LimbSavers on my recurve limbs and they sure help.
What they helped to do was turn a noise into a low thump, something I found deer find less alarming.
With the Gobi limbs so quiet I don’t have a problem following the companies recommendation not to use them on their limbs.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts