Trad Talk Forums banner

Final word on the Carsage???

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Hookeye 
#1 ·
I've been following threads on the Carsage and as I recall the only thing I ever heard bad about then is with heavy weight - 60ish.

Is that a good direction to send a beginner? Am I wrong in thinking that he could get a light set of limbs (30ish) and a heavy set (50ish) for about the same price of a 17 or 19 inch ILF riser?

Opinions?

Bowmania

#2 ·
I think the Sage is a very good recurve for the money and would readily recommend it to any beginner looking for their first bow. Personally, I wouldn't be too worried about the Carsage at that point as their tastes would likely change by the time they have form and strength to properly shoot a 60# bow. In my experience, many beginners will look at nicer bows once they get into archery as a hobby/sport and outgrow the first set of limbs.

#5 ·
I have a journey and bought a cartel riser thinking it was going to be great with my 2nd set of limbs. My brother and I both shot it a little and sold it ( less than a week). After shooting the sage and journey it did not feel like half the bow. If your ok with shooting off the shelf or with a stick on type rest I would recommend the polaris, sage or journey.

Sent from my iPad using Outdoor Forums

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.