Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats your favorite shooting glove and why? If your gonna come on here and say a tab then your wasting your time lol. I agree tabs may give a cleaner release, but I just really enjoy a glove and thats the opinions I'm interested in hearing. I've always shot the archery max glove i got off amazon and I really like it. I've been thinking of trying a finger stall style glove like the blacktail aqva. Appreciate any opinions or advice!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Damascus. All my bows are 35#. I've tried every glove and always come back to it.
Whats your favorite shooting glove and why? If your gonna come on here and say a tab then your wasting your time lol. I agree tabs may give a cleaner release, but I just really enjoy a glove and thats the opinions I'm interested in hearing. I've always shot the archery max glove i got off amazon and I really like it. I've been thinking of trying a finger stall style glove like the blacktail aqva. Appreciate any opinions or advice!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I use a bear paw dow skin cost 10 dollars aussie been using it for 6 months . Reckon it will last 2 yrs or more and i shoot often cant beat that.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I really like my American Leather Kangaroo Crossover, it’s not a full glove as you define but it is a glove. I never liked a full glove as they get too sweaty in the summertime. My glove is thin and light weight yet good protection and I have good feel of the string. The Kangaroo leather also doesn’t stretch.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I really like my American Leather Kangaroo Crossover, it’s not a full glove as you define but it is a glove. I never liked a full glove as they get too sweaty in the summertime. My glove is thin and light weight yet good protection and I have good feel of the string. The Kangaroo leather also doesn’t stretch.
I live in SE Florida...hand sweat is almost always an issue where without the full glove?...the finger stalls will move and shift around with the sweat acting as a lubricant...I also appreciate having the full glove palm area when grabbing branches and vines and not once have I ever felt..."my hand is hot"...matter fact?...once some sweat is in the glove?...it keeps my hand cooler via the evap[oration process...not trying to be a wise butt...just sharing my experiences.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Damascus for me. Tried several styles and thats the one I stuck with. Right now I have the Bearpaw from 3Rivers and an older one that I can't remember the name of. Still have others but never use them. Had several tabs but never could get used to them so sold them off.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I live in SE Florida...hand sweat is almost always an issue where without the full glove?...the finger stalls will move and shift around with the sweat acting as a lubricant...I also appreciate having the full glove palm area when grabbing branches and vines and not once have I ever felt..."my hand is hot"...matter fact?...once some sweat is in the glove?...it keeps my hand cooler via the evap[oration process...not trying to be a wise butt...just sharing my experiences.
I lived in SE Fla and dealt with that heat and humidity many years ago, I would imagine getting a leather glove saturated with sweat over and over would get pretty ripe After a season or two.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I lived in SE Fla and dealt with that heat and humidity many years ago, I would imagine getting a leather glove saturated with sweat over and over would get pretty ripe After a season or two.
Mine is 7 years old...leather conditioner is your friend no matter what leather contacts your skin...I have 20 year old motorcycle race gloves that are still in fine working order and if the leather is impregnated with mink oil or silicone base conditioner?...you don’t need to retire your gear...just take care of it

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have tried many MANY shooting gloves over the last 8 years. The one that I think is one of the best out there is from American Leathers. I managed to get my hand on a full shot glove from them back in 2015-isch. But they don't make the full shot anymore. The other models are just as great. And yeah, they do cost a bit more than other shooting gloves, but they're so durable and amazing that they're worth every penny. I still use my full shot to this day and it hasn't worn off yet after 6 years or more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jinkster, I can't find the American Leathers Fullshot. Has this glove been withdrawn from sales?
unfortunately it has. I contacted American Leathers about this and the full shot is not being made anymore duo to cost-profit reasons. =( Too bad because I think it's the best shooting glove.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When I shot a glove it was the OMP brown leather glove with a velcro strap. I could feel the string and it protected my fingers good with bows from 38 to 48 pounds. But a friend of mine stated I should switch to a tab. I did and my groups got smaller at all distances. I sure liked the OMP brown leather glove, when I shot a glove.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
. . . favorite shooting ring . . .

( the Devil made me do it !)

regards,

John

E648F3B9-7741-4BC1-9A9C-64C106BA1B18.jpeg

578629E7-9D2E-4B1E-9C05-2DE47FC9B566.jpeg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts