Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I have a 2 sets of Border Hex 7 limbs that can be set up for draw weights on both sides of 50#, depending on the riser length and limb bolt settings.
I’m shooting one set on a DAS Gen I riser with DAS fittings. I like it just fine, but it’s not the sweetest bow that I own.
For the second set of limbs, I think I am looking for a riser with more deflex and/or greater limb angle. But I’m curious what others with more experience think.
Any ILF Hex limb shooters out there that use a riser that they highly recommend?

·
Registered
91 Posts
You could go with a Lazarev, he builds them up to 29"

No lateral limb adjustment so if your limbs are really bent out of shape it won't be as efficient. Then again if your limbs are really bent you might need new limbs.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Any ILF will work. But which do you like?
My favorites are Morrison Phoenix. I like that he puts a pressure button low for of-the-shelf shooting. And his shelf is humped. The dovetails for the limbs are surrounded so that if you unstring the bow and the springs are loose, the limbs don't fall out.

The Hex 7 will show more change in draw weight based on riser than later Hex limbs.

Reactions: Locomo

·
Registered
722 Posts
I've run two sets of Hex 6's on everything from Black Bear warfs to Morrison wood risers to Hoyt Excels. My perception favors longer risers, but honestly that's likely because of the poundage drop for my old bones . That doesn't help much, other than what works for you may not be other's favorite. Try as many as you can. I'm surprised nobody has come up with an "exchange" offer on the LW Swap thread just to "test drive" riser and limb combos before you buy them and send them back to each other.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I have shot them on a Hoyt Satori riser. The limbs were made for the riser length. He was told that was best way to get as much efficiency from limbs as possible? Anyway they were well matched and the draw cycle was smooth IMO.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the feedback everyone. It’s all useful, and I’m open to other responses as well.
And thanks for posting the pictures of risers, some really great looking risers here.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.