Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to put together a 'real' indoor rig for next fall and am wondering what some of the all time favorite risers are. I will be shooting NFAA Trad rules so Oly risers with a short stabilizer are just fine. Any standouts? I am currently shooting one of the low rubber grips on my Hoyt Dorado and really like it - do the current Hoyt risers all use the same grips? Thanks.

·
finger shooter
3,490 Posts
Love my BEST Zenit BB, just picked up a SPig BB and a Spig 650 Club, both of these will make fine indoor setups. I shoot the Zenit BB with 3 internal weights, 2 9 OZ, one 3 OZ and a 12" stab with 17 Oz on it... I like heavy

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Its 20yds/18m doesn't really matter what you shoot. Dewayne shows the best score on this site, he shoots top of the line products from Sky archery. The (2) best local shooters I know in Mi shoot different risers/limbs. Scott Bills shoots a green horn Sirius, Jim Powell shoots a Hoyt Axis or something like that. Since you can shoot a stab, balance or lack of it from certain risers is not relevant.

·
Registered
654 Posts

·
ryan brodrick
2,155 Posts
What ken said.

Any riser is the ultimate bb riser with the addition of a 12" stab and as much weight as you like to put on it.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I've not shot too many but to date the SKY TR7 hands down is my favorite...and produces my highest scores.

Dewayne Martin

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
I have shot my PB twice with a bob Gordon Warf that has lead in the bottom limb pocket. 28# medium wood/glass gold medalist limbs ( from the 80's).

They were both shot in practice so I did not get credit for them. There is something about the Black Bear weighted riser that brings out the best in me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.