Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my plates but have a question on where to put the epoxy ? do you fill the entire pocket or only where the plate meets the bow?

Thank you, I'm new to this please excuse my limited knowledge

· Bart Harmeling
3,816 Posts
Some of the other members have done way more of these than I have, so we'll see what they say. I just covered the backside of the plate and then placed it into the limb pocket.
Hand Finger Eyewear Table Wrist

I used Dremel to scuff up the pocket to prepare it for the epoxy.
Rectangle Metal Fashion accessory Font Electric blue

· Registered
429 Posts
You really don't need much to hold it in. Keep in mind that when you have limbs installed the plate is held in tension between the limb and the pocket. The sides of the pocket keep the plate centered. So, you could use the plates without attaching them at all (probably more noisy though).

I use the gray 3m double sided outdoor mounting tape to install my plates. I like to be able to remove them, and tinker around with it.

If you never want to remove them epoxy is not a bad option. You may want to see how the bow balances and you could weight the lower pocket to suit (fishing sinkers) and then set it with the epoxy that will hold the plate on.

· Registered
963 Posts
Im super inexperienced with warfs. Have one done and another in the works. On my black bear I filled the top pocket with flex seal the bottom with lead weights and flex seal. But it is milled. Think I will do the same thing to the pro vantage that Steve gave me. That one has plates. I figure on using golf epoxy on the plates. But again Idk what I am doing. Only really two contact surfaces

· Premium Member
22,126 Posts
Paint off the riser floor and rough up the bottom of the plate with 120 and JB slow cure them in.
The idea of filling in the boids with rubber to cut vibration has been a waste of time for me.
Dampers on the limbs worked best.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts