Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is my setup
Titan II with 50# Extreme BF longs bottomed out and backed off a half turn.
My draw is 29.5 inches.
Elevated rest with a stubby button.
Should be hitting 55#'s
My arrow choices are the following
FMJ 400 spine 75 grain insert 150 grain stinger four fletch with 3" feathers
or
ACC 340 spine standard insert with 275 grain Tuff Heads four fletched with 3" feathers.
Both shafts are full length..
FMJ weights 575 grains
ACC weigh 587

they both shoot great..
which shaft comb would you choose..

·
Registered
576 Posts
Again, either set up is great. I would go with Matts choice too, I think the FMJ's are a tough shaft, and the bigger insert makes it more bomb proof. Throw in the stinger and watch out elk! I'm going with 4x3"ers this year myself, so obvious, good choice...

·
The Mad Scientist
1,495 Posts
I do not buy into all the Ashby stuff and super heavy FOC,,,,,no but I do see the 10 grain rule working as a good medium for a flat shooting arrow and enough KE to shoot through Elk sized NA game.
After shooting 2 bull caribou and a few deer, and seeing my buddy shoot a moose I am buying all the Ashby EFOC I can get. EFOC is more important IMO than total arrow weight. All these kills were at 10 gpp with 52# recurves, but with 200-250 grn up front.

EFOC makes total sense for it's penetration and arrow flight advantages. So get the lightest arrows you can and load them up front to get the weight you want to shoot. I went to GT 55/75 because they are lighter then CE heritage so I can add another 20 grn up front (the GT screw in weight system with their 100 grn inserts is the bomb for EFOC tuning).

I also 2nd Stinger 4 blades as perfect big game heads. They will be on my setup 52# @ 26" EBF 185 fps @ 10 gpp EFOC (220 grn up front)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts