Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would post a quick review of a Elite Arrows. I usually make my own wood arrows but I decided to try a custom set to shoot at IBO worlds in the long bow division. I called Paul from Elite and told him my set up and what I wanted to use my arrows for. He was extremely helpful in helping me choose a set up.

I got my arrows in the mail today and wow they are nice. All of them spun perfect and were very well crafted. The finish he uses is really smooth and the grain on all the arrows is straight from end to end.

So I took them outside to see how they shot. They shot great! I get twenty five yards in my yard and was able to get the same groups as carbons. Maybe a touch better :shooting: the spine and point weight Paul recommended was spot on.

The best part is they were $85. I don't think I'll ever make my own arrows again.

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
I have been saying that for years....don't know if ppl could believe they could be that good.

Best ones I have ever shot...and they look great and I don't know how he can do it for such a reasonable price.

Great - NOW PICS... ;) jer

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Elite arrows are great and Paul is so helpful with spine....a true craftsman..

Dewayne

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
I would be afraid to shoot them for fear of loosing them, and if I found one that was lost or broken, I would just be bummed out.

I attended an SCA shoot at our club once and there was a "Maiden" that splice fletched her arrows to match the colors in her garb, boy they were fancy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.