Trad Talk Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
That's for sure. I will have the advantage of being the only one shooting that division in my league, though, which nearly guarantees a podium!
This is not guaranteeing improvement though if you don't have someone to compare with. In general, longbow + wood arrows score "translation" is like this:
- 200/300 you can shoot longbow
- 220/300 - 230/300 you are good longbow shooter
- anything above 240/300 - you are very good longbow shooter

These are scores on blue face target. If you don't shoot wood arrows, you are navigating on barebow ocean - add 40 points to each level of the above.

·
Super Moderator
2,644 Posts
.44 Associate,
Some people would not recognize a joke if it bit them on the butt. Good luck with the Mona Lisa. I suggest latex paint. - lbg

Reactions: .44 Associate

·
Super Moderator
2,644 Posts
Read the original post. .44 Associate asked a serious question and in the last line asked a humorous one. I gave him a serious answer and in my last line used his own words in the same humorous tone. I favor clever and entertaining conversation hereabouts. Not too solemn. Our censor did not get the joke. - lbg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I am sorry I missed the original response!

At any rate, I still am thinking on this. I really do get the pushback on sticking a plastic rest onto a Hill bow. By the same token, I also want to be able to get the most out of the thing. I have ordered some thin leather pieces and may experiment with a brush rest, in an attempt to stay semi-traditional while still achieving my goals.

And I may just take a previous poster's advice and buy a competition longbow. That still leaves me to figure out how to shoot the Hill...

·
Super Moderator
2,644 Posts
Kindly let us know how it goes. There is a perverse pleasure in beating recurves with a longbow. Heh, heh, heh. - lbg

21 - 26 of 26 Posts