Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok it’s been awhile since I posted but what elevated arrow rest is everyone using for hunting? I have use the t300 hunting rest with plunger for years but don’t feel it’s the one for me anymore I want something more sturdier I do have a metal naki magnetic I never used but feel it would be noisy drawing back with a carbon so I’m hesitant to use it was thinking of putting on a sleeve on it but not sure. Any ideas? Thanks
Art

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s what I’m thinking of trying I do have extra flipper tubes from the hunter rest I can cut up. What do all you guys use for a elevated rest?

·
Super Moderator
775 Posts
For a plunger setup I like the NAP Flipper Rest II if it’ll fit and the AAE Champion rest. That T-300 is pretty sturdy already, not sure you’ll find something all that much sturdier.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Was just looking for ways to quiet the wire rest arm for hunting and the aresal spray tube was a great suggestion. I have the rubber grip dip type stuff for tools and wondered if that would work as well and how well it will hold up.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought of the rubber dip but feel it will wear off in time the t300 is tough but I notice a lot of flexing on the plastic and the arms are not staying secure in holes even after putting drops of glue in the spring arm holes granted I can always buy a new one but after 4 rest in several years I think I want something different

·
Registered
720 Posts
Believe it or not... a Hoyt Superest with aplunger. Looks flimsy, but I've never had one fail. Spares can be installed in seconds. Runner up would be the NAP Centerest w/o plunger.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am currently using a NAP center rest flipper and it is great. Some risers are too thin and only about 1 thread will engage the hole

I just ordered an AAE freeflyte micro to try out.

I believe some guys wrap their wire with serving material. I bet Halo would be great on a wire flipper arm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like some good ideas. I threw on my naki rest and like it with plunger I have some spring rest and a nap centered might try those as well I finally got the plunger tuned but season is still a ways away so looks like I will have to play some more

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I had a similar issue years ago as my favorite rest was the brush rest. I drilled a hole in the plastic for my plunger. Worked great. Unfortunately the new ones from 3R have a leather back.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I might try springy rest again some day.
I been using spig zt wire rest with shrink tube.

I have the Dan Decker kit for tempest I have never used as well. Maybe try it sometime.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ok it's been awhile since I posted but what elevated arrow rest is everyone using for hunting? I have use the t300 hunting rest with plunger for years but don't feel it's the one for me anymore I want something more sturdier I do have a metal naki magnetic I never used but feel it would be noisy drawing back with a carbon so I'm hesitant to use it was thinking of putting on a sleeve on it but not sure. Any ideas? Thanks
Art
I use the T300 hunter with no plunger. I add a strip of thin mole skin to the strike plate to quiet it down. I happen to like it a lot. It's dead quiet. Recently, I bought an accutune adjustable side plate and went back to off the shelf on my other ilf bow. I am liking this a lot. I feel it's simple, durable and perfect for hunting. Granted it is $50 but in the scheme of things that's the price of a few broadheads. It should last a lifetime.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I've use NAP Centerrests and Centerrest Flippers since about 1992. Simple, completely silent, adequately adjustable, absolutely bombproof - never had one fail, even during two-week backpack hunts in remote, rugged wilderness areas.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I used a T-300 and plunger for over 15 years on bows but in the past year I've switched to a springy rest almost exclusively. I've used heat shrink tubing, silicone tubing and dental floss on the spring. I finally settled on putting floss (Glide) over top of either tubing or heat shrink and it's held up well for thousands of shots.

·
wannabe
2,160 Posts
In my experience any magnetic rest, like the Spigarelli, is too loud for hunting.
The T300 has worked very well for years.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree but wish the t300 was slightly more durable feel the spring sags after time I’m shooting under 500 grain arrow and when placed on rest you can see the sag I wish the das plunger hole was 3/16” lower and I could use in conjunction with the plunger and built up rest that the daala comes with I don’t care for the metal screw strike plate that comes with it several fellas has some good ideas that I’m gonna play with

1 - 20 of 22 Posts