Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for a mate. 1975/1976, X-10 express riser. He is looking for 40# ish limbs, long, med or short. Black Widow are not making them anymore, any help appreciated.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Pete, you got a hard look. They only made 10 x-10 bows. Literally 10. The limbs will interchange with that riser, but they didnt make many of that either.

I have a complete original x-10. 64 in long, 44 at 28. The limbs on that riser would be about 50lb

Reactions: aroadik

·
Registered
589 Posts
I was wondering if somebody couldn't machine "carriers" to adapt todays' other limbs (Like Samick Sage or ILF) to fit on the old BW risers (yes mod ILF for rear mount).

Been toying with it myself, since I can't find lower# limbs for my HS.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Talk a look at how the limbs are shaped and how they attach to the riser. The top limb is offset.
Thanks, but I'm familiar with the offset (have been shooting BW off and on, had 3 made, for almost 30 yrs) :)

Hence the need for a carrier (at least for the top limb).
Carrier would also be an extension, the new donor limb would have to have some removed, but not much, just for the curve for the sight window.

Carrier would also cover part of the limb, up to bolt/bushing.

I had my Sage limbs along side my HS for a while tonight, and think it doable, but if no milling machine to make the carrier/extension, a PITA (if it works then there might be demand for more ;)

So for now, I'll just stick the Sage limbs on an old Pearson compound riser. BTW, the Sage limbs on my HS riser with proper spacing would probably make it a 56" rig.
Got bored just Dremel grinding the tab at the front of the Pearson pockets for flat limb lay LOL.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
The angle of the piece of filler wood (fadeout) is reversed on a black widow limb. This causes stresses to be put on parts of the limb that were not designed for it.

This has been tried before,,,,,,,,,,,,,,with lousy results.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
The riser you posted is the x10 I believe, the x-10 express has a 4 inch forward handle.
Only 10 of the forward handle made, not many more of the other, per Roger at Black Widow

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bob, have i got this right, my mates riser is an X-10 not X-10 express. The deflex looks normal BW. Will try Roger direct. Thanks mate. :)

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
He wont have any, and will not make any, no more forms. Best bet is to watch ebay, every now and then a bow or a set of those limbs comes up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts