Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to see what everyone’s input and experience was for their favorite or most durable ILF limbs that were reasonably priced? I have a 17” Satori with medium hoyt limbs and can say they aren’t bad shooters and have been very durable.

I placed a order for a Mybo 17” Pathfinder riser and am looking around for some other options for limbs before I buy anything. This is mainly gonna be used for hunting and 3D. I read good things about the Samick Discovery Foam cores but some guys have told me to stay away from foam cores due to failure

·
Registered
812 Posts
You'll only hear me rave about the Nika N3's (USD 280 incl shipping), which I've probably talked too much about since buying them. I'm not alone in finding them "best bang for buck" (to quote Draven) limbs right now:

They're 'monolith' carbon limbs, so no foam. I've put well over 1k arrows across mine (close to twice, I'd only guess) and they are rock solid and stable. They are also indifferent to hot and cold temperatures, like all CF foam and monolith limbs.

The N3's are not for junior archers though. Only buy them once your form is dialed right in, especially your string hand.

For softer (on release), less 'aggressive' limbs (but slower) I think it's hard to beat the TradTech Black Max Carbon/Wood (USD 280). Time tested, great value, super durable.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'am no expert been lurking here for years (TT). Recently joined . I'am here to learn , enjoy , share little l know . However I have owned two sets of Samick R3 (foam ) 60" and 62" limbs for hunting never had a negative issue . I like the R3's and kick butt value for the price (Alt) . They other day because of Remote's positive experience w/His Nika N3 etc ordered me a set of them 68"/ 46# ILF .
A while after posting here a long time archer who I met through another site texed me from "up north" shareing with me that he has owned the Nika N3's and likes them better than limbs priced way more . He told me I'am going to like them . Made me smile and I felt good when he shared his opion with me .

Also to the Das/Dalaa guys on here I been reading there post for years , learning about their risers which I have an interest in wether ilf or Das system set up .

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
I've had great luck with all my older & obsolete (haha) Hoyt & Sky(Earl) & Sky (Belcher) limbs, and older made in Korea limbs from Win & Win & Samick & SF limbs, and Centaurs, to name a few.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
You can have failures with ANY brand or limb composition. I'd suggest that whatever your definition of "reasonably priced" might be, choose limbs from reputable companies that stand behind their products.

At the moment, Uukha seems to be having a rash of failures with their latest models but most every big name manufacturer has gone through similar issues. If you search this site for "ilf limb failures " you should find plenty of reading material. Hoyt and W&W have both had similar runs of failures, yet they persevered and responded by making necessary improvements.

I would submit that, in general, the more high tech the limb design, the greater the chance for failure. I also suspect that the more expensive the limbs, the more likely you are to read about their failure on internet forums.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with WNS limbs.
I would agree. I think the C3 or C5's are about the best bang for the buck out there.

I would stay away from some of the no name discount limbs....I've seen a few of those go bad. I have not seen one WNS limb go bad.

Reactions: Heeney

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm shooting a set of TT 2.0 glass/wood that I bought used, no issues. I've put a bunch of arrows through them, no idea how many prior. Smooth, no stack at close to 30", fairly speedy at 184 with a 540 grain arrow.

·
Losing arrows since 1966
150 Posts
… my 2¢ on “reasonably priced and durable” goes to Akusta Breeze glass/foam @ $99 a pair… if you like the green foam core, and I do, the Akusta Breeze shoot as well as any sub $200 limb, and are bullet proof…

Sports equipment Musical instrument accessory Bumper Font Automotive tire

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
… my 2¢ on “reasonably priced and durable” goes to Akusta Breeze glass/foam @ $99 a pair… if you like the green foam core, and I do, the Akusta Breeze shoot as well as any sub $200 limb, and are bullet proof…

View attachment 37336
Thanks for the heads up. Do you know what size riser they’re measured on. I’m looking to end up with a 60” and around 50lbs

·
Losing arrows since 1966
150 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Do you know what size riser they’re measured on. I’m looking to end up with a 60” and around 50lbs
...the Akustas are measured on a 25" riser ... any limb in the sub $200 is going to be about the same... no real dogs, so just get the ones you like...

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can have failures with ANY brand or limb composition. I'd suggest that whatever your definition of "reasonably priced" might be, choose limbs from reputable companies that stand behind their products.

At the moment, Uukha seems to be having a rash of failures with their latest models but most every big name manufacturer has gone through similar issues. If you search this site for "ilf limb failures " you should find plenty of reading material. Hoyt and W&W have both had similar runs of failures, yet they persevered and responded by making necessary improvements.

I would submit that, in general, the more high tech the limb design, the greater the chance for failure. I also suspect that the more expensive the limbs, the more likely you are to read about their failure on internet forums.
Tell me more about Uukha limb failures?

I was going to recommend Uukhas, ironically. The monolithic construction seems to be the most durable to me. Never used Nikas.

Any limb with a more extreme design will be more prone to fail. A higher stressed limb will be more prone to failure (ie-17" riser with longs vs 19" riser with mediums, the long limb should be more durable).

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Underestimated, read down through the first few pages of this forum for details. I own a couple sets of Uukhas and tend to recommend them, too. I guess not all of us have had good luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts