Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have just received my 13" Dayad riser . With long Border HEX 6S ( 32# on 25" ) it is 40-45# @ 28" and is great , smooth and no stack .It is 58" bow . With medium Legend ACS RC 44# on 19" it is not so good , stacking at 27". 56" bow . If I get a 17 " riser will the medium Legends work . Well they be good out to 28" ? Thank You Rick

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts
I shoot long ACS RC limbs on my 19" Titan III and at my 30.5" DL it still seems smooth. They seem snappier also than my SF Elites, but they are a bit heavier DW also. (48 on a 19")

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I would challenge that there is no stack with the mediums on the 13" at 27" of draw. We've run DFC on them to over 29" on that riser with out stacking. So maybe the limbs are heavier then you are ready to shoot at this time.

Mike

·
Premium Member
12,784 Posts
WHERE do you have the limb bolts set, on the riser with the Dryad limbs?
IF mostly wound in, try them out 1 or 2 turns.....or even 3 turns.
It can change a lot.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am new to this ILF thing , I may not have the setup right . I know the string was long if that makes a differences. They may just be heavy for me . It is a work in progress . Thank You for your input . Rick

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts
I am new to this ILF thing , I may not have the setup right . I know the string was long if that makes a differences. They may just be heavy for me . It is a work in progress . Thank You for your input . Rick
Try what Steve suggests, take a turn or 3 out of the limb bolts and see what you have.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just went down to my shop and put some more twist in my string . It is a B50 12 strand with 15 in loops . I made it up to see what length high tech string to order . I have the BH up to 7 3/4 .I will let it set over night and adjust it for a 8" BH and serve it . To my eye it looks scary with the bolts out 3 turns , but that is how I have it now . I was hopping for under 50# @ 28 ,but looks like with 3 turns out it well end up over 50# . I am planning on getting a 17 " riser soon . Keep the help conning, I appreciate it . Thank You Rick

·
Premium Member
12,784 Posts
RICK, I think you'll be surprised how much smoother it will run with bolts out 3 turns...
Betting any trace of stack will be goners.
ILF with bolts out a turn or 2 looks funny, if you used to shoot all the bolt-down rigs.
BUT, ILF sure allows a lot of flexibility.
Most ILF rigs (not all) allow 4 or 5 turns out from lightly snugged down.
Keep us posted ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi all I worked with the Dryad 13" Epic and medium Legend 44# 19 " riser , limbs this AM . With 7 3/4 " BH and nothing on the string I had some vibrations in the riser . Set the BH at 8" and added 1/2 length cat whiskers . What a differences . Smooth and no vibration . It ended up at 50# on my scales , with 3 turnes out . I wish it were a little lighter . I have ordered a 17" riser. I hope that it will be just the right weight , and more stable with the 17" riser . I have my HEX 6S on the 13" riser now for a 58" bow 42-45# @ 28 .

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Put my Border HEX 6S , 32# on 25" riser on my Drayd 17" riser . 40# just off the bottom . I like it a lot . They are very smooth but I think they do have a little more buzz than the Legends .

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yarn puff balls , and all is good . I am shooting 29" 15-35 (.600) with long aluminum 50gr inserts and 125 point -450+ gr. I am putting together 3 GT Entrada (600) now , should be 350+ gr. Well see how they work for target .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.