Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my Legend ACS RC 32#@28" on 19" mediums. I shot them on several risers. Finally put the on my favorite Epic riser.

Arrows weighed 285gr drew 34# for 8.38ggp. This is smoking speed for me

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like that rig. Is that riser Mike's wacky wood Osage?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
No the bodark is genuine Osage.

ACS on the Epic put new life in my wood arrows. The target has two hard spots in it. Woods would bounce out sometimes. Not with the ACS limbs. I think with another turn in on the limb bolts it is a small pig dispatcher. With medium ACS limbs bow is 60". Make a good ground blind bow for me.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could put them on my DAS Gen I but I would have to put DAS connectors on it then I could not use it on the Epic.

I would get about 36# draw. That is what I usually hunt with. Thev34# ACS are faster than the 36# I been using.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I have epic riser ss# 00001. I asked mike and Jason to make it plain and bomb proof. I intended to hunt it (a wooden riser) from a crawl. Let me state this is not the best idea for the life of a wooden riser.

On the string you well see three nock points. The top two arrow arrow nock points, the bottom of the lower nock point is where I draw the string from. With a29" arrow and 3 under middle finger anchor it puts me on the spot at 18 yards. I just gap the point for other distances.

This arrow weighs 390 gr. I have the the limb bolts set showing two thread on each bolt under the brass sleeve.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Speed to me is somewhat secondary. I look for
accuracy first. Speed is getting more important to me now that I am having to hunt with drew weights on the lower edge.

I did not weigh the drew but this is 3 fps faster than I have shot this arrow with sub 40# bow from my hunting anchor.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Even better it shoots my gaps prefect.

I had Debbie listen to the shots. Sometimes shooting from a crawl makes the limbs rattle and a bit loud. Debbie said I got a 'thump' and that is it.

Now be sure and get mike or Jason's advice before you shoot your kit from a crawl. I personally don't advise it on a wooden but it is the way I hunt. Keep in mind I am shooting sub 40# draw. I would not do this with a 50# and wooden riser.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BTW, it is a lethal way to hunt. I would put my recover record up with any that bow hunter.

I lost one pig in south Texas in the last 20 years. the pig was moving faster than I judged. We had a blood trail for about a mile. Liver hit

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You gonna string that thing?

Yep

Then you gonna shoot that thing?

Yep

Ya scared?

Yep ....lol

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now we are down to a 15" epic. And got a 13"

Well that is the ACS 1&/1/2 threads up from bottom out. 19-15 = 4#. So around 36#.

I shot the bow at 8.05gpp. Holy molly I hit the sweeeeeet spot. Closest I rver been to 200fps. When my VAPs come in I bet I'm over 200.

I just shot 5 shots thru the chrono. I played catch with Debbie's grandson today. Oooppp shoulder does not like to throw at all.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is only between 36 - 38 #s. I might consider Year old pigs. I think it will put the right arrow in and out with careful shot

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
Now we are down to a 15" epic. And got a 13"

Well that is the ACS 1&/1/2 threads up from bottom out. 19-15 = 4#. So around 36#.

I shot the bow at 8.05gpp. Holy molly I hit the sweeeeeet spot. Closest I rver been to 200fps. When my VAPs come in I bet I'm over 200.

I just shot 5 shots thru the chrono. I played catch with Debbie's grandson today. Oooppp shoulder does not like to throw at all.
Wow, looks good and darn quick too. Are they wood core limbs Rusty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
No Jon, they are foam. (not foam really sumpin special John found) To get down to my draw weight they had to take a lam out.

On the hunting length it works better than fine.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Rusty,

A couple of years ago when my neck was trashed I hunted at Geralds with a 38 pound all natural bow. I got two pigs over 125. I wouldn't shoot Big Mama but I think anything up to 150 is a go with that combo.

Mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts