Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
I shot some 3D yesterday with the Vanquish kinda feels like cheating as just nailed the pro ring consistently out to 45y, afterwards I strung the Orion and did some shooting, Katrin has borrowed my 660 Carbon1's that I have tuned for the Orion so I improvised and used the 500 Lightspeeds with 200g points, the bow felt slow with these heavy points and compared to the Vanquish (25y point on) but it was nailing that tiny piece of paper in the target from the first arrow, I forgot how easy and nice this Orion shoots, for me it's a keeper.

If I ever get the time to Bowhunt this would be my go to bow not the fastest bow I ever shot (standard limbs) but it's a bow I seem to pick up and shoot well with zero effort/time, just so nice to shoot.

Barbarian Tyrant
I got my XL RC with the new carbon and bamboo limbs about 6 weeks ago and like them on my 21" warf. Came in at the perfect weight and they perform and tune up well. Still too cold and snowy/icy to do much shooting here but I like em.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rusty, do you ever stop buying stuff?
Why would I do that. I am one of the economic indicators.

This is the best time ever to be a metal riser shooter. It is finally reaching it's full potential. All the innovation had been in the oly/target risers in the past. The sports metal risers were just B class after thought by the market. Now we have got the real deal. Trad bows were wood risers. Not the best idea for a string walking bow hunter.

I lived long enough for two remarkable things to come together and affirm to me that I had the right ideals. The Internet so as to connect with the very few like minded people across the world.

I then got to meet a few like minded very creative fellows that had the skill and training to make it happen.

I feel like I have just come out of 60 years in the barren desert to dessert. :)

Registered
PSHHHHH metal riser, shmetal riser! gotta go with the all carbon risers these days!!! HAHAHA!

Keep it up, as it helps me deal with all of my recent buys!

Have a great day,
Kasey

Registered
Rusty,
Mamba is 19" Cobra is 21", I think the lines on that bow would make either name appropriate! I had a Mamba for a while, decided 19" was on the short side... and still ended up with a 17" Das on its way, I think I have issues.

Have a great day,
Kasey

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
17 yards, holding high on the top dot. There is a real hard spot right in the center of the dot.

The combo shoots exactly where I expect. Nice shootin limbs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts