Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I now have my target panic in remission, I am now breaking down my shot and analyzing my misses and bad shots. I have found if I draw the string back deep to my anchor while dropping my scapula down and pull my my elbow in and behind me all at once, I can usually eliminate my left and right misses. This is also dependent on constantly pulling or expanding to until the conclusion (the shot goes off). My question is: Do you guys make a concious effort to drop your scapula while drawing or do you do it after you anchor?

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,700 Posts
Both, and also at release. The most noticeable to me, though, is the transition after anchor. That could make it feel like you are only dropping at anchor.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I know it but I never think about it.
In fact I make a point of not thinking about it because if I fluff a shot I always know instantly what I did wrong anyway.
An then there's TP,,,something else to not think about.
TP is a sure sign of over thinking and most often hits people that are doing just that in an effort to improve their shooting.
I didn't meet Mr TP until I started competing and breaking my form down in an effort to understand it and improve my shooting.
I have no problem with guys that are happy to know little but shoot a lot at and inside 20 yards simply because that's what comes naturally to them.

After all,,,their happy.
John.

·
thumbless stringwalker
1,719 Posts
Ronin,
This is the way I draw. It lets me to separate my shot and helps a lot.
Im still working because my trigger is/was on aiming.
Now, I change to a counting trigger, that is, I count to three and release between 2 and 3. LOL.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Something I've change in my sequence might help. Due to weight lifting I've always inhaled as I drew. Now, I've tried exhaling. I hit full draw and set the gap as I exhale, then to initiate the release, I breathe in by sticking out my chest. For me it's a lot easier way to engage the rhomboids than trying to switch from arm to back.

I talked to RJ about it and his comment was that "if it works, it works." I come off a lot cleaner and the best part is I have no idea it's happening.

Please, PM me if you try it and like it. I'd like to have a discussion.

Bowmania

1 - 5 of 5 Posts