Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
I put in for 5 states- nada. Now I have 20 points for elk in Nev with a less than 1% chance of drawing one of the few top units.

I thought it might be trouble so I paid way too much for an elk landowner tag early in the year. I felt like an idiot spending that much money but now I’m glad I did. Problem is, I’ve never set foot in the unit And I will be hunting solo.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Been
As you know I’m sure onX is a great tool, is the landowner willing to give any pointers.
dang Nv is 1% draw odds for non res. Not sure what the odds were when I lived there.

Chad
Yeah, I use GAIA but its the same as Onx.

The LO tag I bought is through a broker….I’m hunting the unit not a private ranch. In fact, the unit has a huge wilderness.

I’m not to worried about finding elk. I’ve hunted new country 25-30x over the many decades of elk hunting with a bow. I think Im just going to put a pack saddle on a rented mule/horse with a light backpack type camp and keep moving. Then its all about lacing my boots and covering ground. I have the time…as long as my body can hold out.

First hike in the hills with a 40# pack yesterday- dang I’m sore but I need to step up the workouts.
Hitting Yosemite in a few weeks with my Mtn goat kids, that will help too.

Reactions: Coodster
1 - 2 of 2 Posts