Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wondered why so often I see 3 under shooters with a nock above and below???? Wanting some feed back on this issue because of what I saw this morning. I was playing around with 3 under, nocked an arrow without the point, not planning on shooting, just messing with nocks when I noticed my shaft lifting up at full draw. So, it got me to thinking. Of course it will be shot only with a point.... but this could possibly affect up and down groups. So, is this why I often see nocks below, to stop the upward pressure from 3 under? Thoughts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Slo-mo video has shown that the arrow nock can slide down the string on release and affect accuracy. Most 3under shooters use two.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
After taking Rod's clinic I switched to two nocking point on all my bows and I still shoot split fingers. Helped alot with the tuning.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What about nock pinch, should some space be left in-between the arrow nock and the bottom nock point?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have always wondered if the nock might actually try to roll of the finger tips. Not much, say a 1/4 turn????? This could cause release issues or worse, according to which way your serving is wrapped, cause a separation in the serving???? It probably does not matter... but it would seem that right hand shooters should serve their string one way and left hand shooters another. So that the it would tighten the serving rather than loosen. Probably a non issue, but technically speaking

1 - 8 of 8 Posts