Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a TAC Firefly from Lancaster when they first got them. It quickly became my go to hunting riser. No nonsense, built like a tank, aggressive, mostly very simple. It is on loan to Mike, who, is using it in development because it is built like a tank.

I did not think I had a chance to get another since there were so few. Low and behold, luck prevailed.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is the best ilf longbow riser I have shot. As a matter of fact it puts old school long ilf recurve limbs right in the sweet spot for my draw

For an aggressive ilf hunting riser it will light a fire behind an arrow. Very little deflex but I did not find it very picky as long as you picked your limbs well.

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts
I agree Rusty, I think that riser was mine a short while back. I have a one of a kind green anodized Firefly and it is my goto shorter riser. The black one i picked up as a backup but being built like a tank, I decided I didn't need two
Very well behaved riser I think.

Almost bought it back but you beat me to it. :)

dave

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
I am happy the riser is going to Rusty, great full circle turn of events. I agree, it is a great longbow riser. I had it set up and shooting great in no time. However, the minute I had it tuned and shooting I started to compare it with my main bow (fit, length, weight, performance....) and then I am shooting the bows back to back and before you know it I am a one bow guy, again. Same thing happened with a really cool Hoyt shoot through compound recently, I just stopped shooting it. The only difference is I have not sold the compound yet.

Rasyad

Reactions: rusty craine
1 - 10 of 10 Posts