·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I was trying out the SB with my new BStinger and 6oz washers. Bow Weighs 6#1oz. Just call me Potter junior.

A six pound Stolid Bull is hard to get off track. Just hangs in there thru a double clutch and hits the spot.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
I hate the double clutch, but for some reason it's a wake up to my brain and that shot seems to be where I want it. I somehow focus and execute that shot better then most, when I should be letting down.

·
赛
614 Posts
I can't double clutch. If I try to pull on through a bad setup my messed up rotator cuff on my right shoulder double-clutches the crap outta me. Like an icepick right into the bone.

I do not recommend this as a preferred solution to the problem. :sbrug:

Regards,

Salskov

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,516 Posts
Rusty, I am soooooooo sorry.

I had to cover my eyes.

Moderator, can you please remove the video. There may be children on this site.

Oh, the humanity !!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rusty, I am soooooooo sorry.

I had to cover my eyes.

Moderator, can you please remove the video. There may be children on this site.

Oh, the humanity !!!!!!!!
Yes it is sad looking shot. At leasing am good looking. Lol

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,516 Posts
Yes it is sad looking shot. At leasing am good looking. Lol
I am not going to brag. I will let others on this site report on my svelte physique, and rugged good looks, when we return from the Western IBO shoot. They certainly will not have much positive to say about my shooting.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
If you video your practices you certainly learn a lot from our bad shots. Some how you gain confidence, bad shots and all. If you want to shot a round and score every target, you don't have to have perfect form. You won't win any matches but you can score every arrow with plebian form. That very fact gives you a boost.

The first thing you have got to do is figure out how to shoot down the line or why you can't shoot down the line. That actually may be the hardest part.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Rusty....I looked at the other pics on that Photobucket account.....Tell us about that big 'ol gar picture....Please?......Jim

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rusty....I looked at the other pics on that Photobucket account.....Tell us about that big 'ol gar picture....Please?......Jim
Jim, that was fellow pharmacist. We catch them on flyrods with combed out nylon cord and no hooks. When the gar stricks you bow to him and give him line. The cord get tangled in his teeth. We catch them about a mile from my house on the trinity river. The bigger gar is a pic of a state recode fly rod gar caught on the a red River about an hour from my house.

You can also take them with a bow

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you notice the action of the bow after the shot. It just nudged the shoe string finger sling and settled. IMO perfect

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If not shooting a 3D shot but shooting but an 80 yd walkup that arrow would not be in the dot but 5 yds in front of and left of the target.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Jim, that was fellow pharmacist. We catch them on flyrods with combed out nylon cord and no hooks. When the gar stricks you bow to him and give him line. The cord get tangled in his teeth. We catch them about a mile from my house on the trinity river. The bigger gar is a pic of a state recode fly rod gar caught on the a red River about an hour from my house.

You can also take them with a bow
That big gar is a magnificent looking animal....I see pics of these big old Gar fish that bow fishermen shoot, and consider them as good or better trophy than a big Whitetail buck...Takes a long time and beating alot of odds for a fish to get that big....Take care........Jim

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:) I know some of you have had enough Borders limbs, sorry, but these 32# Hex6W spit that arrow right out. Quick limbs. I was shooting well for about 40 arrows then began to tire and form was not so good. It seemed to me the Bull and Hex just kept hammer the dot. Ya can not ask more

1 - 15 of 15 Posts