Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dorado Vs Titan Border UPDATED

I just finished putting together my third and final rig, my 19 inch Ilf Border riser with Border hex 5h limbs..WOW,WOW.
It has been some crazy 6 months for me with almost 0 shooting as In December I was sent to a special Coast Guard school for 3 months and then I got orders for Tampa Fl.
Mind you that in the past I owned all sorts of bows from Martins, Hoyt, Black widow, Bob Lee, Brownings, Qarbon Nano, Blacktail.....and about 50 more that nobody cares to read. So around November the ILF Bug bit me but then It was time to leave for school. Ithink a few days before I leave my Titan arrived and I think I didn't get to shoot it till months later..
Fast forward to the last couple weeks, I have finally settled down, refletched all of my arrows, ordered chrony , SBD strings and now here is where I am:

Hoyt Dorado with TT Black max carbon Extreme Limbs 62' amo
Titan 2 with TT carbon wood limbs , 60' amo
Border 19' riser with Border Hex5h shorts 60'amo

All of my bows are around 55#@27" and I have put the first two through the chrony.
Tomorrow I will put the Border..
So for you speed freaks ,just be a little patient and tomorrow you gonna get plenty of pics of exact weights in bow scale, arrow grains, and of course the results in the chrony screen,
tata..

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

That is me

My Border 55#@27

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the first pic I am shooting my Dorado.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

So the Border IS the fastest of the bunch. Pics for the rest to follow

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys sorry but I have misplaced my paper with the Dorado results..and from the pics I cant tell which numbers are wich. I ll shoot it again tomorrow.
Anyway I like the feeling from all 3 bows. I haven' shot them enough to give you more detailed review but I am going to a 3d shoot this sunday and I will let you know more.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So far the Border, [email protected], 409 grain arrow, 7gpp , zipped through the chrony at an average of 224 fps.
As far as the other two goes I have my numbers confused.(As far as chrony speed goes)
The Titan is 55#@27 and it registered(I think) an average of 208 fps with TT carbon wood(the 220$ limb) ,an arrow of 395grains ,for a 7.2 gpp.
The Dorado is also [email protected] and I am 90% sure( I will check again tomorrow ) it registered an average of 196.5 with the same 395 grain arrow with TT BLACK MAX extreme.

The Black max extreme (440$ limb) is definitely faster that his little brother the carbon wood, but I don't know why the Dorado riser shoots all my limbs slower than the ILF risers.. That been said it feels oh so good shooting it, especially with the Jager best 2 grip on it( thanks JParannee for encouraging me to buy it).
All n all 3 great combos that I need to master first and then go hunting.
And yes I think a 400 grain arrow flying at those sppeds, with my German kinetics 2blade broadhead up front is more than capable of doing the job on a hog( my next goal)

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If anyone is interested , one ofthese days I will put the TT carbon extreme limbs and the
TT carbon wood on the Titan 17" riser to compare speeds. It should be interesting to see what those 200$ extra are getting you.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Thanks for the performance data. Are brace heights around the same or they vary between the bows?

I would definitely be interested in seeing the swap between the BlackMax Carbon Extreme versus the Carbon Woods!

I'd guess the difference would be about 5 fps, so for +$200 that's a personal call. I'm currently happy with the BlackMax Glass / Wood but looking to upgrade.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just hope u don't end up with splinters in ur face or down range shooting those lil light arrows. I know I'll prolly get basted for this but below 8gpp is just a no no for me as I like to keep my bows for a long time.

Dave

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got the new results from this morning..First of the Brace Height of the three bows
Dorado 8.25
Titan 6 and 3/4
Border 7 and 1/4

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
615 grain arrow:
Dorado 167.1 167.2 169.2 168.6 167 167.7 170.2

Titan 172 175.7 170.5 171.7 171

That was 11.2 gpp

For the border I added 3 brass washers in another arrow for a total weight of 638.6gn
so I had , Border 178.4 181.2 180.2 179.9
That was 11gpp
I ll post in a min results from different weight arrows

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
562.7 gn arrow
Border 192.7 189.4 189.4

Titan 179.5 183 178.2 180.3

Dorado 175,7 178.7 179.8 182.1

Then a 397 grain arrow
Titan 203.5 208.8 206.1
Dorado 205 205.6
That was 7.2 gn pp

413 gn arrow
Border 217.5 217.2

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I realize how this post can be boring to some , but I just wanted to do it and get it out of the way for three reasons:
First all three rigs are new to me and I wanted to see how they perform
Second I wanted to get data out there as a reference for people that care for this sort of stuff
Third , I wanted to create three fast rigs because I have a horrible release and sometimes my 27 inch draw is actually 26 or less. Shooting all shorts of bows side by side
with my friends I am always geting signifantly less speed results because of me creeping milliseconds before my release..

Those numbers that I am getting now are unheard of for me in such low poundage ( I used to shoot mid 60's).
I sincerely think I owe it to the quality limbs and me working on an anchor point and focusing on my release

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.