Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen conflicting answers to this question. Will my Hoyt Gamemaster I (the earlier, Pre-II, version) accept any ILF limb? I thought the Hoyts (GM's, Dorado, Tiburion, and Buffalo) only accepted Hoyt proprietary limbs, but I've seen references to putting ILF's on them. Is an adapter required?

Thanks very much in advance for any input.

Shuter

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Yes, your GameMaster and Dorado's will accept ILF limbs. You have to remove the ILF fittings and replace with Hoyt fittings. Good thing too, because I have seven RH and LH Dorado and GameMaster risers and don't own a set of stock limbs for them. :^)

The Tiburon and Buffalo accept Hoyt's Formula limbs. They are not ILF.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
This is a game master I. Geared for hunt pigs over corn at night (legal in Texas). hawg light, string tracker, DAS SRF sight. I had a pair of Carbon Plus shorts 48# on. I can not shoot that much weight any more.

Riser is a hunting machine :) Good choice

·
Premium Member
12,110 Posts
Yes, your GameMaster and Dorado's will accept ILF limbs. You have to remove the ILF fittings and replace with Hoyt fittings. Good thing too, because I have seven RH and LH Dorado and GameMaster risers and don't own a set of stock limbs for them. :^)

The Tiburon and Buffalo accept Hoyt's Formula limbs. They are not ILF.
OLDER Tiburons take ILF limbs. Tiburon 2014 is the Formula version.
I think this distinction is valid.
I had a couple of older Tiburons and I ran ILF limbs on them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks very much, guys! So I don't need to modify the RISER in any way, just the ILF limbs, correct? Sorry to be dense; just wanting to be sure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have any ILF limbs yet but my 50# Hoyt GM limbs are too heavy at this point. Looking for a set of 40# ILFs. Maybe the TT Black Max Glass/Woods? Anyone know if Lancaster can ship them already converted for Hoyt use? I'll call tomorrow and check anyway.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
You are not really modifying the limb. You are just changing fixtures. This can be reversed if you wanted to

·
Registered
388 Posts
"modifying" the limbs is by far the easiest and while it may sound intimidating at first it is actually quite easy once you get started. I have done about 6 pair and will be happy to respond to any questions.
:)

·
Premium Member
12,110 Posts
I don't have any ILF limbs yet but my 50# Hoyt GM limbs are too heavy at this point. Looking for a set of 40# ILFs. Maybe the TT Black Max Glass/Woods? Anyone know if Lancaster can ship them already converted for Hoyt use? I'll call tomorrow and check anyway.
In my experience, the Black Max limbs run a bit heavy, as I normally run limb bolts mostly turned in, but they scale Black Max (or used to anyway) bolts mostly turned out, lighter setting.
Also, they are scaled on a 17" riser, so will lose a bit on weight on your longer GM riser, so it might weigh about AS MARKED.
Lancaster guys can guide you in your purchase, ask them plenty of questions.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I just bought a bow with a set of Black Max carbon/woods on the bow. They are marked as 40# longs. The poundage is regulated for a 17" riser. On my 19" Pinnacle II, they scale at 40# as the bow (riser) came from the factory. I was told that the TT limbs have 10% adjustment up from listed poundage while the Hoyt and others have 10% adjustment down from listed poundage. Riser length also affects draw weight. Risers less than 17" add poundage while a 19" riser is supposed to cause a 2# loss of draw weight.
I am sure that with Steve running the limb bolts in a bit, he will pick up a few pounds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts