Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone made a target filled with rubber mulch? I did some research and couldn't find anyone that has, just some people saying that the arrow might bounce around. I want to make a pretty big target that I could leave outside all the time and figured the rubber mulch would hold up the best

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I've read a lot of people saying that. There is no way I can find enough to fill around a 7 x 7 x 1. Basically a 7 foot square that's a foot deep. I might just buy a bag of the rubber mulch and shoot right at it to see what happens

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Shrink wrap works well too. Try a shipping warehouse. I have made three 2' cube targets out of grocery bags packed into a cardboard box and wrapped in shrink wrap.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I just remembered another way someone told me about. Take your target bag/box/shell to a hot tub place and get them to fill it with the insulation foam.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
j-san = Jason
1,680 Posts
Old clothes work pretty well and they are relatively easy to get. Ask a few friends if they got old clothes, towels, rags, etc. they want to get rid of and you can fill up a burlap sack pretty fast. Compress with a ratchet strap and you have a target bag that will last for tens of thousands of shots. Once the burlap gets shit out, rebag the whole thing into another sack and keep shooting.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The insulation foam is a cool idea but it'll start to wear real bad in the same spot after multiple shots. I want something "self-healing". I wish I had a lot of plastic bags or areas to get that stuff. That's why I thought of rubber mulch, I can buy that pretty cheaply. I have an old clothes box I am using right now as my target. It won't work for leaving outside all the time though. It would smell horrible after the first month here in Florida.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Old clothes work pretty well and they are relatively easy to get. Ask a few friends if they got old clothes, towels, rags, etc. they want to get rid of and you can fill up a burlap sack pretty fast. Compress with a ratchet strap and you have a target bag that will last for tens of thousands of shots. Once the burlap gets shit out, rebag the whole thing into another sack and keep shooting.
I got great success with old clothes too, as mentioned they are easy to get.
I just pack them inside hessian bag

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.