Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Mad Scientist
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.eastwood.com/2k-aero-spray-matte-clear.html

I asked about using Eastwood's 2K AeroSpray Matte Clearcoat finish on a bow awhile ago, not much for reviews but I decided to give it a try. This is 2-component urethane clear coat that comes in a spray can. You use a special plug to release the hardener inside the can. Reportedly has a pot life of 48 hours. Very easy to use, dries pretty fast so you can put 3 coats on in under an hour easy. Just be careful, if you put too much on (like holding the can too close) it leaves a white haze. You can see this on the riser by the upper limb bolt set screw. It applied with a nice spray pattern but I thought it looked a bit rough like it doesn't flow well, but once cured it's smooth. Seems very hard and durable, just like a professional refinishing job. Nice matte finish too.

One can did 3 coats on a set of limbs and a riser, plus 2 motorcycle fork legs (applied over bare aluminum). I was very happy with everything, worth the money ($25/can) IMO. You just have to do a little planning so you don't waste it. I let it cure for a day and it was ready to go. One point to note, this is some very nasty stuff to breath so wear a mask.

The limbs are Border Hex 5 MKII that I stripped, painted and then coated. I shot them a few times and no problems. I'll be posting them for sale, they are med #44 which came to 48# full in on the above 17" Morrison riser. I think JP was interested?

Brown Wood Metal Kitchen utensil Fashion accessory

Plant Wood Tree Blade Metal

Wood Tool Blade Metal Plant

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Nice work Mat, thanks for the link.

Rasyad

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Nice information .... thanks Mat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.