Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Meaning did you ever split your tab
Placing the bow string between the first and second leaf of your tab.
Shoot your regurial tab shot Leave 2 arrows in target.
Now try 2 or 3 shots Check your hits on your target face [ Later

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello
Meaning did you ever split your tab
Placing the bow string between the first and second leaf of your tab.
Shoot your regurial tab shot Leave 2 arrows in target.
Now try 2 or 3 shots Check your hits on your target face [ Later
===================
Hellp
Guys I was thinking of using a 3 leaf tab When I posted this. With the right tab material It can be done with a 2 leaf tab. [ Later

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,700 Posts
Unk Bond is the ultimate experimenter when it comes to many things, though he focusses a lot on tabs.

What would he wish to discover? Possibly something unexpected that you would only find if you were willing to try anything.

·
Spearhead
3,581 Posts
I have not, for me I find all tab backing to soft. Prefer a more stiffer backing, even some cordovan is soft.
so I change out backing every tab I shoot and shot.
sometimes even the cordovan.

Chad

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I find red 1/16" thick dense cell silicone tab backing water proof and sticky to the feel. The ones I made are military black nylon tight weave face and silicone back. My son like the 1/8: backing. This of course is for recurve three under hold.. Compound calf hair split two under hold, dropped the top at hold. Can't with recurve, I have tried. My guess is to much weight at hold. Lol.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
To answer Uknown. Putting backing on part of the string can cause a nock travel. BECAUSE, gripping more with the top. Black widow tabs have three slots.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To answer Uknown. Putting backing on part of the string can cause a nock travel. BECAUSE, gripping more with the top. Black widow tabs have three slots.
============================
Hello
If your referring to splitting the tab 1st and 2nd leaf
The 2nd leaf now takes the pressure Where as the first leaf is now natural and its only use is to guide the bow string [ Later

1 - 8 of 8 Posts