Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All I can say is Denton Hill was a blast this year.

Was it the great weather ?

Was it the great turn out ?

Was it because my good buddy Ray won the Eagle Eye

I think it was because of all the great people that I have been so blessed to get to know and what they have brought to my shooting and my heart.

One of the biggest highlights for me was to get to spend a lot of quality time with Kegan and Anika

This young couple has stole my heart and I would adopt them in a heart beat.

Not only is this man making one of the best performing bows on the market he is a top shooter and all in all carries himself with a level of maturity that would make any one proud to call this man friend

Anika is a doll and brought me many smiles

I got to shoot with a bunch of guys that were in the Jenkins class with me like G from Canada and Richard, Big Jeff and Paul and my good friend Tony

Also got to shoot with Mark W which is always a pleasure. Love watching him pull thru the clicker

It was awesome to see how they have grown and what a strong shot has done for them

Tony is shooting very strong. Bad ass strong

Ray and Mike are always my home team and this was Rays year. Winning out the Eagle Eye this year in an exciting shoot off

Ray is a strong shooter and is stepping it up and ya all better look out. Here is a guy shooting a subconscious gap that can give the best a run for their money

Another big highlight for me was getting to hang out and attend the Joel Turner seminar

The Turners are a lovely family and Joels son won the Eagle Eye junior division and his old man made a good showing as well

Joel is a dynamic speaker and incredible shot

I did not see him shoot one bad arrow, unlike me :) and I enjoyed shooting with him and I look forward to spending more time with him and letting him help me with certain aspects of my shot

My only regret is that I did not get to spend more time with my dear friend John Wert and Sean from LAS. These guys were buried doing what they do best and that is to provide the ultimate in service and help to the archery community

Their booth as always was hammered every day all day and regretfully I did not get to shoot with John and Sean as much as I would of liked.

John is a huge reason my shooting has improved and I owe him everything

I passed out samples of high quality protein and energy and it was received very well.

Big Jeff and I shot are CH's and they drew a lot of attention

I love these bows

Any time I would stop walking someone would ask about the bow and I would just hand it to them and watch them smile

These bows truly are not like anything else out there and Sid should be getting a lot of inquires :)

People just marveled at it

I got to meet and shoot some of South Coxs bows and he is a true hunter and great guy.

I did not shoot as much video as other years

I was to busy shooting and talking :)

I did make a general overview video that I will post now and I did record the finals of the Eagle Eye which will be next. Glad I caught my good buddy Ray Ray's Win :)

I also filmed almost the whole Iron Man course which I will post up that is 5 videos long for those interested it will be there

Thanks to everyone at Denton and the folks that put it on

Sorry Tony for snoring so loud :)

In closing I would like to say how humbled and flattered I am to all the people that walked up and thanked me for all the goofy videos. You guys certainly no how to make someone feel appreciated and I thank you all for the interest.

Denton Hill 2014 First Video

·
Northman
486 Posts
Kick ass, vid shot very well and looked like a real great time. Thanks for taking the time to share. I have an archery buddy in PA I would really like to attend this shoot with someday.

Reactions: bwhitman

·
Registered
657 Posts
Great great shoot!

I was getting asked about my Covert Hunter non-stop =) . Kinda hard to hide those hooks. =) Lots of guys have heard or read about it but this was their first time seeing it. Joe wasn't letting anyone draw his bow past 28" so he happily volunteered the longer draw length guys to have at it with my bow!! LOL

Beautiful weather, 8 long courses and great friends to spend a long weekend with!!

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I hand them one of my arrows which are 29

Sick of seeing people because its so smooth draw past their ear :)

People are just amazed how smooth it is

They all think it has a Let-off

I explain that its picking up under a pound an inch and they just don't seem to get it :)

Seriously if I stopped walking someone would walk up and start asking me about my bow or say I saw your video on this thing its cool as hell :)

SIDS how did I become a Border employee :)

Seriously I love the bow and have another set of limbs and a riser on order

·
Registered
855 Posts
What bow was Ray shooting?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Thank you

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.