Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,512 Posts
Jimmy, I get a message saying the video is listed as Private.

·
8,512 Posts
Jimmy, this is a quote from Vittorio I took from AT:

Proper way, tested in 15 years and over hundreds of thousands of shots, is to use Beiter In 12/1 or 12/2 nocks in the Heavy version (solid colors) only. These nocks are filled of plastic inside and are best in protecting back from impacts as they are stronger and also because of their shape they tend to deviate the coming arrow. Very difficult to get a Robin -Hood with them.

Personally, I find pins and pin-nocks very good; although Vittorio wouldn't agree.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
I'll be watching this thread with interest since I'm looking for a good option for my nocks/ points too. I've had a couple impaled nocks in the last week or so, and some deflections.
It's not all bad, I guess that means I'm improving :)

·
8,512 Posts
The use of telegraph poles v. knitting needles for indoors is hotly debated. I think, on balance, the current favour has tipped towards smaller diameter arrows.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Jimmy - if you didn't try and fit them all in that same little white dot you wouldn't hit your arrows some much - great shooting and a nice pace to the shooting.

Would longer slimmer points cut down on the kick outs?

Something like This cuopled with pin nocks might help

Wish I had the problem

Matt

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ha. I don't have the confidence for that 5 spot. If you blow one on that target face you get a zero. If you flub one on the single spot you get some points.

Greysides - yes the debate between ACE/ACCs or linecutters is challenging. Most guys shooting the FITA face use the skinny shafts because the 10 ring is so small, but more guys use linecutters for the single spot NFAA. The thing is that I need the big poles to be point on at 20.

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
So THAT's what has been happening to me....although my spead is a bit bigger :) should have known.

Just teasing..I WISH....great shooting.

Jer

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,667 Posts
Man, the 20 yard shot is about the hardest for me. I will put two in the middle and choke on the third. I guess I could blame the bad shot on kick-outs, but the video would expose my lie. I think I willl just keep practicing in hope that someday I will figure it out. Boy, am I anxious for the outdoor season to begin.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I mostly shoot the FITA targets, I have been shooting the multi-spot targets this year, would rather lose five points on a bad shot than lose one or two points and a good arrow on a good shot hitting arrows that are already in the X. I hate bustin up my arrows, its a lot easier for me to put that third arrow in the gold without my other arrows in the way.

·
Registered
189 Posts
How much difference is there with the 5 spot nfaa face? They look about the same size, never shot one, for some reason none of the clubs around here shoot 300 rounds. I would think having four arrows at risk would be even more reason to shoot the 5-spot.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Worked it out. I tried a 300 grain point on my CXL 150s and they fly like a dream with no deflection. Shot two rounds today with them and scored 282 20x and 279 14x. No kick outs at all. Here are some pics of those long points and also the wrist guard string that completely prevents the top limb from kicking back.

·
8,512 Posts
'Average' shooting there Jimmy. To what do you attribute the lack of deflections?

Better tuning? An arrow that flies straighter?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.