Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With the two recent threads on DAS limb bushings I thought I would give some info on what I have found working with DAS risers and all kinds of ILF limbs.

There can be some fitment issues due to the length of the bushings vs. the limb butt thickness.

When David first started his DAS connection system, he was using 1 or 2 styles of W&W limbs so the limb butt thickness was pretty consistent and there were no issues as far as the amount of bushing sticking out.

Nowadays you've got about every ILF limb under the sun being attached to DAS risers and the limb butt thicknesses can vary ALOT!

This is important because this is what keeps the limbs tracking in a straight line.

The limb pad and damper pad measures between .310" to .325" for the slot depth (I just measured 3 different DAS risers with a set of dial calipers).

The damper pad is .125" thick so that leaves .185" to .200" depth for the aluminum limb pad and that is the important part.

To be safe, I would want a minimum of .200" and a maximum of .300" of bushing sticking out of the bottom of the limb butt to engage the aluminum slot.

If there is only .125" or less of the bushing sticking out, then the rubber damper pad is the only thing keeping the limbs in alignment and that is not a good thing as it is too soft and will allow movement.

On the other side you can have bushings that are too long, this is easier to see because when you tighten the thumb screws down it will push the bushing out of the limb.

I would believe that when 3 Rivers archery sends out a complete bow that everything is correct, but when you are using other manufacturers ILF limbs these things can happen.

Hope this helps someone a little.

Don

1 - 1 of 1 Posts