Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new foundation is done, the house is sitting on new walls and the lower floor is nearly closed in. Lots more to do but today I took a couple hours and built a custom rolling frame for my new A3/9 XHD Domino target. HERE

Below are some pictures of the target system from delivery to its new home as my indoor / outdoor range. I have 16 yards inside and up to 30 yards shooting from the back yard.

Erik Kornbek ([email protected]) was great to deal with and the Domino target is by far the best I have ever shot into. The arrows stop soft and pull with relative ease. I have been shooting light and heavy arrows from my single string bows as well as the compound. I bought the A3/9 XHD which consists of 9 blocks, filler foam strips, and a wood frame. I also purchased the Power Stop which eliminates the possibility of pass throughs should you hit a really worn spot.

The beauty of the Domino Target systems is the modular design which allows one to rotate the block positions and side facing the archer. They guaranty 21,000 shots before having to replace any components.

Enjoy, Rasyad

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
unpacked

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
assembly

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
modular blocks

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
frame

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
impact

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is the back of my custom frame showing the Power Stop.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and the front

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shooting Lane....the right side will be the shop bench, storage and tools on the left. The florescent lights are temporary.

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
Been Looking at getting one of these targets. DO you know how they hold up outdoors for extended time periods?

dave

·
Premium Member
12,099 Posts
RASYAD, that is a stinkin' amazing setup. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dave,

Mine was outside for 3 months before I could move it indoors and it appeared completely unaffected by the weather. They are designed for indoors and outdoors. The foam is closed cell so neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these targets from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.

Rasyad

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Hey Doug,

It will be a row of 7 and a row of 5 LED lights plus a spot on the target.

Now Blinky, be nice. It has been house for 5 months straight....

Steve, yep planned to have the shooting lane from the start.

Rasyad

Reactions: biglegmax
1 - 20 of 23 Posts