Trad Talk Forums banner

CV limb BB1 torsional stability upgrade?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Grantmac 
#1 ·
Love the performance of my Border CVS limbs & ran across the fact that you can get a BB1 upgrade for torsional stability ... am thinking a lower weight pair are in my future so I'm curious if anyone has shot both regular & BB1 CV limbs? If so what kind of differences did you notice?

Thx - M

#2 ·
The BB1 pair make better crowbars.

Sorry Mark, can't help.

#5 ·
Kenn have XL CVS 32# - at my 31"DL plenty enough to reach wherever in a nice way ...
Zafar - have noticed the snappiness a bit more then on my hyper flex core hex5h but can't say that there's any effect on target & obviously limb profiles pretty different too so not a great comparo - the cvs are a quieter limb though the way I have things set up

Am interested in the CVH as I'd like to drop weight by 5# & am wondering if the bb1 will be useful re Lt & Rts - am guessing the hyper flex will up the speed a bit for the decreased weight - M

#6 ·
I do not know why but I like the snappy. I prefer the wood core. I like that urgent feel at full draw. (which is not stacking). This is at hunting ranges or 3D.

60 yards and like the less snappy limbs thru the clicker area. Guess there is no pleasing me.

In all limbs I think the torsional stability is boss :)

#7 ·
I think the CV is a very unrated limb and I will be getting a set sometime in the next 12 months I'd say.

However I really don't see the point in the BB1 upgrade on them. I don't think I'd even get the H core either. For one thing they already use the same laminate which can stabilize the Hex6, so they are WAAAAY stiff for the geometry. For another I'm not sure the 3-4fps from the core is all that noticeable, at least to me, and I like snappy limbs.

-Grant

Reactions: markliep
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.