Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current wood grip on my DAS has developed some cracks and I'm looking for someone to duplicate it in wood(preferably). I have the name of James Loesch and his phone number but the call won't go through and his website won't come up either. Is he out of business? Can anyone suggest another grip maker who could duplicate my existing grip?

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Jager has grips for the DAS, not sure about wood. HERE

Good luck,

Rasyad

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have the original dual density grip that came with the bow, it could very well be a Jager. It is OK, but I like a grip that fills the hand more. I like a fairly high wrist grip but I like the heel of the grip to fall away. Today it seems all high wrist grips just have a heel that sticks out and they want to call it "high wrist". And, I like some palm swell. I will give Jager a call however and see what they can do for me. Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
If you have skill with Japanese saw and chisels, making a grip is not that hard.

I have a friend coaches at a local college. They buy some kinda kit and cast a grip????

BTW. You can try couple out of bass wood to get started. Good half round wood rasp and a half round cabinet file. Hardest part is getting channel cut for riser. It does not near as long as you think. Much easier than inlay a flint lock into maple stock :)

·
Registered
649 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.