·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone point me to any string makers

that makes:

2 color 8125 / 8125G endless loop string 18 strands

color combination will be:

electric blue (or light blue) + flo green, with Halo 100% spectra 0.014 white serving under proper tension to make them semi transparent

fitment for Easton G Pin / Pin nock large groove

tried so many places without success, especially for the white serving, seems no one offers them

many thx~~

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,664 Posts
Your formula is similar to mine, except that I only make single color because I don't want the tension problems of dealing with two bundles. I need a better jig for that. I use 0.14 Halo for end servings. I like the way it disappears. I am surprised that 60X does not have white. Halo is more pricey than things like 3D, which is also good for end servings.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup it also surprises me, that many places do not offer white / clear serving

I use two color to spot twists more easily n it is the combination of my first “target” string ~ BS Korea / Kaya / Soul ready made 8125 string, but according to Alternative, they don't make such color scheme anymore

I still have 4 strings stock up, but want more just in case

I am now in the point of thinking.... why not making it in flemish form by myself (I have the board n know how)....and serve the entire splice potion with the same white 0.014 to prevent slipping under high shot volumn

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Club need fees n pay for their materials (they do not have the colors I want) to use their jig

Jig is too big to get one at home

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
I am adding 8125 in the next week. Played a bit with the clear servings. It shows everything so it's harder to get a finished product I am satisfied with. Been too busy to work on it - maybe revisit it in the near future.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Now that I am back at home at the computer,

I think many competition recurve strings are not done with clear because most use 3D for ends and loops, and a thicker center serving for nock fit. It's all too thick to get clear. You see a lot of clear serving on compound strings because .014 halo is the standard serving for most of that. (the center serving is never clear)

I always found making flemish strings difficult to get a perfect length, so I don't do them anymore. (or maybe I'm just not very good at it)

Oh, and just a heads up, if you are using 014 halo for your center serving, you will have to bump up the strand count to get a decent fit with large groove nocks. 18 strands and halo 014 might be ok with small groove nocks, but not sure.

BCY recommends 18-22 strands for 8125. I've found their recommendations to make a good fit for most standard nocks using 018 powergrip. For the same fit with 014 halo, you would probably need something like 24 strands. You could pad the center, but to make that look good under clear serving would be damn near impossible. (or very time consuming at best)

just my amature 2 cents.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,664 Posts
Oh, and just a heads up, if you are using 014 halo for your center serving, you will have to bump up the strand count to get a decent fit with large groove nocks. 18 strands and halo 014 might be ok with small groove nocks, but not sure.
I agree. I use 0.14 Halo center serving for small groove g-nocks on 18 strand 8125. I believe that I use 0.17 for large groove. I will have to check. I color code all my materials so I can tell, on sight, how a string is built. My white is 0.14. I am not sure if the larger diameters become transparent. I stopped stringwalking with Halo center serving because it was too slippery. I still use 0.14 for end servings. I like Halo when I am not stringwalking. I would definitely use it on my Olympic bow

·
finger shooter
3,426 Posts
Now that I am back at home at the computer,

I think many competition recurve strings are not done with clear because most use 3D for ends and loops, and a thicker center serving for nock fit. It's all too thick to get clear. You see a lot of clear serving on compound strings because .014 halo is the standard serving for most of that. (the center serving is never clear)

I always found making flemish strings difficult to get a perfect length, so I don't do them anymore. (or maybe I'm just not very good at it)

BCY recommends 18-22 strands for 8125. I've found their recommendations to make a good fit for most standard nocks using 018 powergrip. For the same fit with 014 halo, you would probably need something like 24 strands. You could pad the center, but to make that look good under clear serving would be damn near impossible. (or very time consuming at best)

just my amature 2 cents.
Guess I should throw away the strings on 10 compounds in my shop as I built them all with center white serving (clear)..... lol.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thx all for information, especially Bow Rider n Hank

I decide to buy a Avalon jig and make my own string, I know how to make flemish string already, by looking at vids on youtube, think I can do endless loop with a few tries

thx again~

·
Registered
62 Posts
Never shot one but saw a Chad Weaver string on a Student's Genesis bowlast week..top notch and colorful to say the least.
Sack

1 - 20 of 27 Posts